Dwayn's Worth 2

The Queen fell ill.

Dwayn is writing a letter when the news came to him.

He rubs his head and stands up.

"I can't believe the King will really kill her." Three looks so gloomy.

Is this the only role of the Queen in the King's eyes?
He is glad his sister didn't marry such scumbag.

Dwayn opens the window and looks at the clouds.
"What worries me is that foul mouthed guy."

".......the King doesn't need to kill Prince Alan too right?" Three frowns.

Dwayn shakes his head.
He will not easily kill them or that will be suspicious.
But they will raise the dosage of the poison.

If the Queen dies it will be oddly suspicious. Queen's family will surely protest.
But what if the Queen dies and the 4th prince dies?

The remaining person they can hold on is Diego. This stupid prince who make mistake left and right.

Even if they want to fight the King they won't do it knowing they needed him to support Diego's almost hopeless claim to the throne.

"B*stard King....Yet...So Wise." Dwayn chuckles.
He will kill the Queen and Alan. Diego needs to be the only one left so the King can still use the Queen's family to the fullest.

But Dwayn will not let him succeed so easily.

"What's wrong?" Three asks.

"In this world where even the man you give your body and share your pillow will kill you so he can gain more benefit from it....how can people still wanted to fall in love?"
Dwayn smiles.

"Isn't it because of this kind of world why people wish to fall in love?" Three tilts his head.
"Aren't you the same?"

Dwayn grins.
"I don't want to fall in love. Who would want that kind of thing when I am surrounded by enemies." Dwayn laughs.
A cool breeze hits the back of his head and his hair flutters as he grins.
"Love finds me though."

Three smiles.
"You are just bragging. I also have my lover so I won't eat your dog food."
Three snorts.

Dwayn laughs.
His heart is filled with sweetness.

Even he sometimes doubt if she will remain the same woman that fascinates him.

Still, he knows that Margarita will be the only one for him.

Margarita looks at the Red haired man grinning happily.

"I already told you. Miguelito doesn't want to have a personal guard for now." Margarita rubs her head.

"Miss, should I sent him away?" Laluna ask. "Forever?" Laluna added.

The red hair guy stands up.
"I can do anything! I am also the strongest swordsman in the empire! I will be able to protect him. You don't even need to pay me."

"Why are you so eager to become Miguelito's guard?" Margarita asks.

The red hair man smiles.
"Because I can't fulfill my promise so this is the only compensation I can give."

Margarita grins.
"Promise? You already talk to him?"

The red hair man nods.
"Yes. He gave me a bread and told me to buy him when I become rich someday." The red hair clenched his fist.
"I didn't get rich in time to buy him. But I will be able to serve him!"
The red hair man kneeled.
"My name is Halley Johnson, son of Kart Johnson, the mercenary King. I may not be a Mercenary King like my father but I inherited his swordsmanship! Even if the Strongest Royal guard will have difficulty in taking me down. Please consider my offer!"

"......if you are so dedicated. Why only now?"

It's almost 2 years since Miguelito came here. Why just now?

"He never gave me his name.....I still don't know how to locate him. But....In that plaza...I met him again and learn that he is the Duke's illegitimate son. I immediately come here."

Miguelito is just behind the door listening.
He remembers something like what this person is saying.

He was small back then.
He gave a beggar a moldy bread.
The beggar is so filthy but he is lonely so he still talks to him.

The beggar asks him what he wanted in exchange for the bread and to be mean he teased him saying he should buy him from his mother.

Miguelito is red from embarrasment.
That moldy bread..
..he only pick it out of the trash can.

He wanted to bury himself.
He is not a good person.