Duke's Eccentricity

The King looks at Duke Miguel who is coughing and looking so feeble.

"I know you are lying." The King said.

He was answered by a couple of coughs.

The King sighs.
"I know that you are sad about Diego and Margarita. But Diego is just a child, he made wrong choices."

Cough* Cough*

"Your highness, I think my fever is back."
Miguel said and take a hanky to blow his nose....twice.

The King's face darken.

"You know I want our family to be tied in marriage... I will talk to Diego."

Miguel looks up as if he is bored.
"Your son doesn't want to marry my daughter. All the people in the country knew...You are the last one to realize?"he sighs.
"Your Majesty, If you want to tie a knot, why not engage Margarita to the first prince?"

The King's face look a bit shock.
Then he coughs.
"I saw the news..Is that really true? I remember Little Margarita liking Diego a lot before. How can she suddenly--"

"Suddenly? Aren't they been engage from the very beginning?" Miguel raised a brow.

The King became quiet.
He looks around and then to nonchalant Miguel.

"Get out. All of you." The King shouted.

Miguel turns around but the King angrily shouted.
"Not you!"

Cough* cough*
"I am sick but I still have to listen to this?"

After everyone in the hall was gone the King glares at Miguel.

"That is a secret only you and I know!" The King said.

Miguel looks away.
"I have no idea."

The King frowns.
"I told you that I will marry Margarita to my son so she will be the future Queen. So I didn't lie when I engage her to Diego!"

"That time, I am talking about the first prince. You know that but you still send the poor boy away in the kingdom. And make my daughter your immature son's fiancee." Miguel coldly stares at the King. "I didn't say anything seeing how my daughter fancy your son,your highness. But after so many years of my silence. My daughter's reputation, that prince ridiculousness. If yoy don't stop holding on to my daughter. I really have no choice but to force my hand."

The King leans back to the throne. He take a deep breath.
"Fine. Stop slacking off and return to your duties. After a week I will announce the official annulment of their engagement."

"Today."

"Miguel Frost!"

Miguel didn't back down.

"I don't care about the citizen of this country as I care about my own daughter....is what I want to say but I am not that irresponsible leader. But I already neglected my daughter enough so the citizen have to be neglected by me now so I can be a responsible father. You have to choose what to prioritize yourself, your highness."

The King grits his teeth.
"You do know that pissing me off is not good for you, Duke Frost!"

Miguel smiles.
"Threat?"

The King eyes are glowing in a dangerous glow.
"What if I say yes?"

Miguel chuckles.
"I am....a legitimate Royalty myself."

"What?"

Miguel turn around walking away.

"Duke Frost!"

"Hmp! Your highness really has forgotten that I am once a legitimate successor to the crown but I refuse for your sake? Think again who you are making your threats." He said and open the hall room with a bam.
Then he looks back.
"The Frost Family is not dead."