A Smirk

-Part 3-

"Your highness, thank you for coming." Count Argente says after shaking hands with the Count. Lady Emely is on the couch and frowning with a sad face.

"I know it is urgent. Why did you call me here that Lady Emely is  looking like this?"

"Prince I…." Lady Emely hides her face in her palm and softly sighs.
The Count sigh.

"Lady Emely? Count?"

"I will explain.."

"N-no father. I will say it." Lady Emely wipes her tears. Her eyes are wet and there is redness around it.
"I….I am being ignored."

"What?" The Crown prince doesn't understand it and looks back to the Count .

The Count sighs.

"I heard about what happened in Viscount's Memphis house….."

The Crown Prince's face, that's  full of confusion, scowl.
"I see." He clenched his fist. "They are ignoring Lady Emely because of that? Or….is it Lady Frost?"

"No. No. Do not think like this, your highness. Lady Frost is not to blame. I….I am to blame."

The Crown Prince clicks his tongue and says nothing.

"Your highness, do you want to marry my daughter?" The Count asks seriously.

"F-father!"
Lady Emely's face reddened.

"Do not meddle!" The Count shouted then looks at the Crown Prince, "Your highness, do you wish to marry my daughter?"

The Crown prince stands straight and nods.
"As I said in the party, I wish to have your daughter's hand in marriage and be my future Queen."

The Count and Lady Emely's face brighten.

"I also wish that..Your highness, Crown Prince." Lady Emely says with a shy smile.

"As you can see, that is impossible." But the Count says bluntly.

"Father!"

"Count!"

The Count Sighs.
"Your highness, you are still engaged with Lady Margarita Frost by our Kingdom's law. And even if you forcefully annuls it. My daughter have to undergo the Queen Candidate training along with the other lady that will be chosen to replace the previous Crown Prince fiancee. And usually, the woman with the most influence will be the chosen one. So far, my daughter is doing well. But because of the latest events...I do not blame you, your highness. All you want to do is to protect my daughter. But….But that leads us to this problem."

"You are saying that she has no chance to be chosen because the woman in the society is ignoring her?"

".....yes."

"I understand. I will… go to Viscount Memphis house to ask for an explanation  for acting this way toward Lady Emely."

"No!"
Father and daughter shouted at the same time. 

The Crown Prince frowns seeing the two hold him back.
"What is wrong?"

"Your highness, actually, that is a bad move. The Viscount might treat it as you disrespecting their house." Count says struggling to explain.

"Then what do you suggest for me to do?" The crown prince asks.

The father and daughter look at each other.

"I am wondering if...the crown prince will come and apologize with me. To show us that we are being humble to admit our mistake." Lady Emely spoke slowly.

The Crown Prince frowns.
"You want me to apologize?"

The Count and Lady Emely look at each other.
Of course, they knew that the royal family is prideful. That is why apologizing with the crown prince will have a better effect.

"If...If you don't want to...It is fine. I...I plan to go there alone in the first place." Lady Emely says with a shaky voice. She shows her weak side.

The Crown Prince looks at her for a while then shakes his head.

"You should learn how to handle the noble women circle. In the future, you will be the center of them so you should do this on your own. I will go now. Tell me what happened. I wish you all the luck." 
The Crown Prince then left.

The two, father and daughter, are left shocked.
The Crown Prince didn't even try to offer himself.

"Selfish bastard!" Count angrily punch the table.

Lady Emely's beautiful face scowls.
"What will we do? I don't want to apologize there alone! I will look like a fool. As a future Queen, how can I do that?"
She stomps her feet on the floor.

"What else can you do? I will go with you. That bastard. He creates the mess but he won't even help clean his own mess."

"Do not get mad, Father. Soon, he will be our bridge to a higher status."

"Hmp. Prepare yourself. I have a gift for the Viscount's daughter. I'm sure she will forgive you easily."

".....Is it diamond? Why should we suck up to those losers?"

"Stupid! Do you really want to become a Queen or a mistress?"

"D...do not get mad. I understand. I have to gain influence. Do not get mad."

"Diamonds, gold, silver...Once you become the Queen, everyone will line up to please you. So do not be easily greedy for the small stones!"

"Yes Father."

A/N:

^_^)/