Loyal (part 10)

Beam's P.O.V.

I ended up crying for a while after Forth left. I'm just so confused I don't know what to do. I'll have to think this carefully because I know him. If I tell him I don't want to be with him he will probably leave and never return. I need to be certain I am making the right choice. I should talk about this with someone but Phana and Wayo are going to be on his side they are family after all, Ming was really close to Forth and Kit isn't the best at giving advice plus he likes Forth too. I don't know what to do. I heard my phone ring I contemplated ignoring it but I ended picking it up from the night stand. It was a message from Tharn.

-I think I saw Forth like five minutes ago walking. He seemed troubled. Did you two have a fight?- Tharn.

-Something like that... I don't even know how to explain. Where did you see him?- Beam. I wondered where Forth is.

-I'm at Starbucks I was just sitting down when I saw him pass by the window.- Tharn. Oh so he was probably going to Phana and Wayo's apartment that's close to the Starbucks.

-ok then thanks for telling me.- Beam.

-If you have trouble you can come. We can have some coffee and tell me what's wrong between you two. I've been told I give good advice.- Tharn. Actually that didn't seem like a bad idea. I needed to look at things from another perspective and he might be able to help me.

-Sure I'll be there in five.-Beam. I quickly stood up and went to the bathroom to wash my face. It's obvious I've been crying but I can't do much about it. Maybe when I arrive it will be less noticeable. I left my apartment quickly and got in my car. The Starbucks was just a few minutes away but I didn't want to walk. As I arrived I quickly spotted Tharn sitting down. I ordered a drink before joining him.

"Is it weird that I feel like I have know you forever. I know we just met yesterday but it's like we've been friends for a while." Said Tharn when I sat down in front of him.

"I know I feel the same way. I usually don't make friends so easily." I replied.

"So tell me what happened? You look worst than him. Have you been crying?" He questioned and I sighed sadly.

"Yes I've been crying it's just that Forth told me I need to make a decision whether I want him back or not. He says I hurt him which I realized I did but it was unintentional. The thing is that I don't know what to do. He hurt me and I'm just scared. He's been trying hard to make things ok but now I'm the one with the insecurities. A part of me just thinks Beam stop being an idiot and just accept him. Then the other part of me is telling me to stay away because what if he does it again? I can't even bear the thought of him leaving me again. When he left it was so hard it felt like he had taken a piece of me with him. It took me a lot of time to be ok again and I don't know if I can do it again." I said and Mew nodded taking a while before responding.

"I have a question for you. Do you love Forth?" He said and I looked at him shocked. "Reply honestly forget about everything else just think about how you feel for him." He said. But I didn't have to think much about it. I already knew the answer.

"I do, I love him with all of my heart." I said feeling the tears starting form in my eyes. "That much is clear to me." I said sadly.

"Then you have your answer. Give him a chance." Said Mew and I looked at him incredulously.

"It's not that easy." I replied.

"But it is. You know Beam none of us are perfect. We all make mistakes because we are humans. Sometimes something little becomes such a big deal. He hurt you and he will probably hurt you again. You have hurt him too you are doing it right now and in the future you are going to do it again. That's just how life is. But at the end of the day if you love that person you can work it out. I know what I'm saying Beam because I have lived it. I love Type and I want to spend the rest of my life with him that doesn't mean he's perfect. When we first met Type hated me because I was gay he literally tried to kick me out of our dorm because of it. He hurt me a lot and I can't say I didn't hurt him back. But we got through it and he's honestly the best thing that has happened to me. When we finally got together I was the happiest man alive. Then we hurt each other again and I was so mad that I broke up with him! I'm still a little mad but that doesn't change the fact that I love him and I know he does too. Sometime these things are needed in a relationship because things need to change. So take this chance to talk things out and put it all on the table. Tell him the things that you don't like. Make it clear that bringing up the person you were before you met him is where you draw the line and he has already gone too far. If he keeps doing it then you know it's time to move on and that you did everything you could. That's how you make a relationship work by learning from your mistakes. Leaving him is the last option for when everything has failed. Life's too short to loose the love of your life over something that can be fixed you know."