Babysitting

Beam's P.O.V.

I knew this was going to be a bad idea from the start. I sighed picking up stuff from the floor and trying to keep everything clean. This was a disaster for sure this wasn't how I imagined spending my last days of vacation. Why didn't I agree to stay with Phana or Kit instead? Oh right stupid Phana with his daddy complex always butting in my life choices it wouldn't be a good idea to live with him. Then there's sweet innocent Kit who is just way too pure for this world so bringing someone home while living with him? Definitely not a good idea. I love them both to death but I wouldn't be able to handle living with them. Not that I'm doing much better with this arrangement I picked. When mom said she owned a house with one of her friends I thought great my own place. What she didn't tell me is that I would be sharing said house with her friends son who's my age. I hadn't met him before we moved in together because my mom mostly visited her friend while I was spending time with my father since they are separated. But it was still a better option. The house was big and it had two bedrooms so I was alright with it. We have been living together for a month but we barely know each other. He spends most of his days with his friends and I do too. Overall he's a good roommate or in this case housemate. We share whatever is on the fridge and the rest is like living alone since we barely are home. But now we have a problem or well I have a problem. I sighed looking at the four year old little devil making a mess everywhere.

"They said you were well behaved and smart for you age! They described you like and angel! What happened? Are you really little Tul or did they exchange you on the way here?" I mumbled picking up some oddly placed legos. I bet he wants me to step on them.

"They said you were cool! But I don't like you." The little guy huffed glaring at me and continuing to leave a trail of legos. I would think it was cute if I wasn't mad.

"I am cool!" I said feeling offended. He look me up and down again.

"I don't think so." He said continuing with his legos. Ah that little brat I thought.

"I want some juice." He said. I will have to call my mom about this little devil I don't think I will be able to handle him for a week. I walked to the kitchen to look for some juice. I opened the fridge to see it was full of beer mostly and a few other stuff. Nothing kid friendly I sighed. Dammit I barely eat here. We don't have any food, or juice, or snacks. I closed the door getting a sippy cup that my mom had packed and filled it with some water before walking back and handling it to him. He took a sip before glaring at me again.

"This is water." He said mad.

"I don't have juice, we have to go to the store to buy some come on." I said grabbing my wallet.

"I don't wanna. I want to play with legos." He said and I sighed.

"You can play later come on." I said.

"No!" He said ignoring me and continuing to play. I quietly approach him to pick him up but he noticed before I could reach him and started running. I hate my life. After a while of chasing him I was tired and still haven't been able to catch him. I decided to stop.

"Fine whatever keep drinking water and eat air then." I said stopping to catch my breath. But the little devil kept running and tripped over one of his toys falling pretty hard. He started crying and I approached to help him but having me close only made him cry harder. I checked but he seemed to be fine no scratches or bumps.

"Are you hurt somewhere?" I asked and he shook his head moving to sit facing the other way and kept crying.

"Please stop crying." I sighed feeling defeated once a few minutes has passed and he didn't stop. I sat beside him about to cry myself. What am I going to do all week with him like this? I was startled when I saw someone enter the living room. I hadn't heard him open the door over the crying.