Loyal (part 2)

Beam's P.O.V.

I was dreading the day of the wedding which was tomorrow. This two weeks Forth has been constantly in my mind. I've been reminiscing on the good memories we had together. But in the end my thoughts always wondered on how he hurt me. This was all just too painful. I was finally ok after a long time and now I feel like I have just gone back to square one. I can't believe I'm going to see him tomorrow at the wedding. Today was the rehearsal dinner and there were a couple of activities that I opted out off since I knew he was going to be there. Phana and Wayo understood and they were grateful I was even willing to come to the wedding. I wouldn't miss it for anything in this world though they have always been there for me and Phana is one of my best friend. Of course I was going to be there cheering for them and celebrating their love.

I arrived at the hotel when I knew everyone was on the rehearsal dinner. I checked in and went straight to my room. I can't believe he is here so close after so much time. Who knows where his room is. How will I act when I finally see him tomorrow? What if he brings a date? I don't think my heart could take it. I laid on my big and very comfortable bed but I couldn't fall asleep. I was so anxious about tomorrow. At nine o'clock my alarm started beeping. I don't know how much I slept but I remember seeing the sun come up from my window so probably one or two hours. I ordered room service and started getting dressed in my black suit. I was the best man along with Kit. I walked towards the room where Phana was getting ready after I was done.

"Are you nervous?" I asked Phana who was pacing around the room.

"You can't even begin to imagine." He said and I laughed.

"Come on! You two are made for each other. Everyone can see how much you two love each other." I said confidently but he still looked scared.

"Sometimes that not enough Beam and you know it better than anyone else." He said and I looked down. It was true which hurt me a lot. "I'm sorry I didn't mean that Beam just forget what I said." He said and I composed myself before looking at him.

"It's true though but whatever. I bet Kit is somewhere out there having fun with Ming which if you think about it should have been me. He's supposed to be the responsible one." I said trying to chance the topic but Phana still looked guilty. We were sabed by Kit entering the room.

"Damn we over slept I have never gotten ready so fast." He said walking to the couch and plopping down. "What's wrong with you two?" He said looking between us.

"Everything's ok, have you checked on Wayo?" I asked. There's no way I was going there even if I should. I'm trying to avoid seeing him as much as I can and he will be at Wayo's room for sure.

"Ming told me he was alright really excited about getting married." Said Kit looking at his phone and Phana let out a relieved sigh.

"See there's nothing to worry about." I said and he nodded.

After a while of waiting it was finally time. Everything was going great and soon Wayo was walking down the isle with Phana. They decided to walk it together. I smiled seeing them so happy. During the ceremony I could feel someone staring at me. I tried to ignore it but I couldn't anymore. I looked around and found a pair of eyes looking at me. There he was sitting in the second row looking as handsome as ever. I looked away feeling the tears starting to form in my eyes. I discreetly tried to wipe them away. I have missed him so much. A part of me wanted to run towards him and just hug him and kiss him and forget everything that happened before. But nothings that simple. I was so lost in though that I almost missed the part where they said I do. I cheered loudly when they finally kissed.

After that I quickly got lost in the crowd walking towards the reception. I wanted to just leave but still I had to give the best man speech. The place started to fill and I went directly to the bar to ask for a drink. I gulped it down and walked towards where they were taking the pictures. He of course was there since he was family. As they were taking the photos with friends I was besides Ming and Kit because on the other side only stood Forth and I didn't want to be next to him.

"Wait this doesn't look right." Said the photographer and I panicked. Ming was about to move to the other side when he noticed but it was too late the photographer started talking. "You move to the other side." He said and I sighed slowly walking towards Forth side but keeping my distance.

"Move closer." He said and I was getting mad but complied not having any other option. I moved as close as I could without touching him. "I still don't like it." The photographer said and Forth grabbed my hand pulling me closer to him and I flinched. I gritted my teeth looking at him but he was looking straight ahead. "Now that's more like it." He said starting to take a few pictures.

I wanted to run away so badly but I tried to smile and just get this over with. Time seemed to pass by slowly until finally he let us go. Thank God that was the last picture so I just walked away quickly. I could feel my hands shaking. I wanted to leave but I had to stay for my friends. They shouldn't pay for my problems it was not their fault. Besides I can't show him how much he affected me everything should be in the past by now.