Friends

Beam's P.O.V.

I was on the car with my parents on our way to their best friends lake house. We have been going there every year since I was a baby and now I'm twenty and still they make me go. I admit when I was little I enjoyed it but now I dread going there. Why? You may ask. Well my parents friends have a son about my age. He's a few months older than me. The thing is when we were little we were best friends. Then when we were teenagers I realized I was gay and had feelings for him. I kissed him just to confirm it and that's when our friendship ended. He realized I was gay and treated me differently which made me hate him. So now we don't talk with each other anymore and lucky me we ended in the same university too. I'm just glad that at least he's studying something else and I can avoid him. But right now I'll be spending the weekend with him. Thankfully I could convince my parents and I only have to stay the weekend. They are staying longer than that.

As we arrived they all came to greet us and we had lunch together. It's been a while since I last saw Forth but he hasn't changed at all. I'd be lying if I said my heart didn't skip a beat when he caught me staring at him. Over the years my feelings for him never faded completely he was my first love after all. It's a shame we're not close anymore this place brought back so many memories it made me sad.

When we finished I went towards my room. I planed to spend as much time here as I could away from everyone specially him. My parents let me since he knew Forth and I weren't as close anymore. They questioned it at first but now they just let us be. I was on my bed scrolling through my phone when I heard a knock on the door. That's weird mom likes to just barge in.

"Come in, it's open." I said confused and Forth entered the room. I frowned looking at him.

"I know we are not on good terms but can I hide here for a while." He pleaded looking at me with his best puppy dog eyes.

"What? Who the hell are you hiding from?" I asked and he instantly paled.

"Shhh lower you voice!" He said walking closer to me. I just raised an eyebrow waiting for him to explain.

Just then another knock was heard on the door. I looked at him confused and he instantly throws himself on the floor next to the bed and turns to look at me with his hands on a praying position mouthing please help me. I was about to respond when the door opened and this time a girl entered and I frowned harder.

"Samantha, what are you doing here?" I said surprised. My parents didn't told me her family was coming too.

"It's Forth here?" She asked ignoring my question. I rolled my eyes I really disliked her.

"Do you see him here?" I replied with a question too. The two of us could play that game.

"You haven't changed." She said with disdain.

"You haven't either sadly. Why are you still in my room anyway? Go look for Forth somewhere else you know I don't like either of you." I said and she left mad.

"Ouch you didn't have to be so rude. I didn't know you hated me that much." He said now sitting up on the floor.

"I really don't like her. She's always judging me and being generally mean for no reason. Just because I'm gay that's not reason to hate me. Why are you avoiding her anyway?" I asked rolling my eyes at him defending her.

"I'm not I don't like her either she only brings trouble." He said. "So can I stay here with you? Please? I highly doubt she will come here again." He said pleading and I sighed.

"Fine you stay here I'll leave." I said about to stand up but he grabbed my hand.

"Ow come on don't leave me alone! Do you seriously hate me that much?" He asked sadly.

"I don't hate you. I just don't particularly like you very much." I replied.

"Fair enough, but what if I want to at least be your friend again. Can I?" He said looking at me intently and I unconsciously nodded.

"Great, I've missed you, you know." He said now sitting on the bed with me. He was looking at me weirdly and I nervously laughed.

"Yeah whatever how about we watched a movie." I said changing the subject and he nodded getting comfortable.

"Could you go get some snacks?" He asked and I glared at him.

"Go get them yourself I am not your maid."

"But she will find me then! Come on please I am hungry." He said and I sighed standing up. I needed some space from him my heart was betraying me again having him so close so I was glad for the excuse to leave for a few minutes at least.

When I went down I noticed Samanthas parents in the backyard with the rest. I went over to greet them and they asked me if I knew about Forth's whereabouts. I hesitated to tell them that he was on my room because Samantha was sitting with them and that would defeat the purpose so I just replied that I didn't know because I was in my room watching a movie just came down for a snack. As I was picking up some snacks my mother entered the kitchen.

"Why are you taking two of everything." She asked knowingly.

"You know one for now and one for later. So I don't have to come back down again." I replied and she raised an eyebrow.

"Forth's with you isn't he?" She asked and I sighed.

"Yeah he's hiding from Samantha in my room." I said.

"I don't know why you two never liked her. Anyway I'm glad to see you two hanging out together again. Don't worry I'm not gonna say anything. Just come down for a while later to hang out with us. Don't worry I don't think Samantha and her parents are staying anyway." She said smiling at me.

"Ok then we will come down later then." I said walking away towards my room again.

A.N.

Was looking through my notes for ideas and found this chapter I never posted so you didn't have to wait long. Originally I was thinking on not posting until Friday when I will have less university work but i always come back early. I'm still not sure where I want to take this one though but I'll figure it out along the way.