Loyal (part 4)

A.N.

As most of you suggested here's Forth's P.O.V. You are finally going to know why they broke up.

Forth's P.O.V.

This past year has been hell without Beam. It was my fault I knew it there was no one else to blame. I let my insecurities blind me and I hurt the person I love most in this world. I know I don't deserve his forgiveness but if there's even a slight chance I will fight for it no matter what. I had distanced myself from everyone since I went away. I only had contact with Phana and Wayo. At first Pha was so mad that he barely even let me talk to my cousin Yo. But with time he gave up. Thankfully Wayo always kept me updated about Beam. He's been through so much I seriously don't deserve him. When they invited me to the wedding I was surprised to say the least. I didn't expect it but I welcomed it with open arms. I've been trying to look for a reason to come back and this was the perfect one.

They wanted me to keep my distance from Beam and I get it I knew I have hurt him. Still I wasn't prepared for what I saw. I arrived at the hotel late because of my flight and noticed Beam checking in. He looked so tired and had this sad aura around him. He used to be so cheerful and bubbly so seeing him like this broke my heart. After he was gone I approached the front desk to check in thankfully he didn't notice me. The next time I saw him was standing beside Phana as his Best man. I couldn't keep my eyes from him and then he looked at me and I noticed the tears in his eyes. It's all because of me. I tried not to bother him anymore but in the end after he disappeared to the balcony after his speech I couldn't contain myself so I followed him.

He looked so fragile and broken. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to pull him closer and tell him everything was going to be fine. But I couldn't promise that. I was the one who made him like this it was my fault. I tried to make things right and I ended making him cry. I blurted out my plans about coming back which I wasn't gonna say anything about and asked him to meet me tomorrow. After that I left him alone I wish I could say it's because it's the right thing. But in reality I just left because I didn't want to see him sad anymore and I might end up doing something I regret. I saw Beam leave and I waited for a while before returning to my room too.

As I laid in my bed looking at the ceiling I thought about the possibility of Beam coming to meet me tomorrow but I couldn't figure out what he would do. If he didn't come I'd understand I certainly deserve it. My thoughts wondered back to that night when I ruined everything.

*flashback*

It was a hard year I was trying to graduate early since I've been offered a really good job after my internship. I was under a lot of stress but everything was going to plan. I managed to make a plan that allowed me to graduate this year even if it meant taking a bit more work than I was supposed to. I decided to go on vacation with my friends before the first semester started since I knew I was going to be busy. So we packed our bags and headed to the beach. There we ended meeting the crazy doc gang and joined them in their fun. Everyone seemed to couple up and Beam and I were left alone.

We were drinking and talking about our lifestyle. He was the Casanova and I was kind of a player too not like him though. I told him that I was stopping that lifestyle. I had a busy year and I would only consider a real long lasting relationship. This seemed to surprise him and after that the mood changed. As the night progressed the couples filtered in and out of the house in their own world. They'd spend some time with us before leaving until we were left completely alone late at night. I realized we were barely drinking both of us still sober we have just been talking. Beam asked me when was the last time I was with someone and I told him it's been almost two months because it was the night of my final tests of the semester. Then he said something that surprised me.