The gear (part 2)

Beams P.O.V.

Instead of going towards Ming for answers I decided to move on with my life. He wasn't coming back anytime soon and there was still a probability he won't. So what's the point in knowing then. If one day he comes back then he can tell me himself. I was unsure of my decision but for now it seemed like the best option. On my way home I stopped at the mall and got a necklace chain to put the gear. I decided I will always wear it under my shirt it felt like the right thing to do to keep it close to me.

When news broke out that Forth had left I realize I was probably the only one who knew. Even Park and Lam were confused and had to call him to confirm. We kept in touch for a while but eventually we lost contact. I was busy with school and he was busy trying to keep up with learning to manage the business and study at the same time. Eventually almost a year had passed since he left but I still wear the necklace. It reminded me of him every time I noticed it.

The only times I take it off is when I'm going to the beach or a pool which doesn't happen very often. But today we had a day off and we were going to Pha's house who had a pool. I got up late and Kit was hurrying me up so I grabbed what I needed as fast as I could forgetting to take the necklace off. I hadn't even realized until I took my shirt off and Kit noticed it.

"Hey isn't that an engineering gear?" Asked Kit confused coming closer to me. I quickly grabbed it with my hand remembering. Suddenly everyone was interested in the necklace coming closer.

"It definitely is." Said Ming comparing it with the one on his wrist.

"Why do you have that?" Asked Kit. I looked at them nervously before responding, I had forgotten that I still didn't know the meaning of it.

"Yeah it is, Forth gave it to me before leaving." I responded and I heard Ming gasp.

"Beam do you know what the Engineering gear means?" Ming asked looking at me concerned.

"I'm not sure, I just know it's the engineering faculty symbol but I'm guessing that's not it's only meaning?" I said looking at them sheepishly. I could feel the heat on my face so I can't even begin to imagine how red I must be.

"It isn't." He said and all of us turned to look at him curiously.

"Then what does it mean?" I asked when he didn't continue and he looked conflicted.

"I-I'm not sure if I should tell you." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"It's ok, Forth told me I was probably going to find out the meaning anyway I just wasn't sure if I wanted to know so I just let it be. But now I want to know." I said looking at him in the eyes.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Said Pha and I turned to look at him.

"I'm not sure, I wanted to keep it for myself." I replied and they all nodded understandingly. I sat down on the lounge chair and the rest of them sat closely. I turned to look at Ming who sighed before he started talking.

"Well when we complete Sotus they give us the gear right. Like you said it's the faculty symbol but they also tell us 'The gear is in our heart, and our heart is in the gear' so it represents our hearts. Most of us use it to confess our feelings. It means to please take care of our heart. I was planning to give mine to Kit on our anniversary." He finished and we were all stunned and Kit was blushing.

I was at loss for words. I mean Forth he loved me? Everything made more sense now. All the time we spent together I wasn't just imagining things. All the things he did for me. He really did care about me. But he didn't say anything he just kept it to himself. He was leaving anyway what was the point in confessing directly. But Why couldn't he do it sooner then. He told me he was coming back. Will he still feel the same way? All these thoughts were circling in my head and I couldn't concentrate on one. Suddenly Pha's voice brought me back to reality.

"Earth to Beam." He said and I focused my attention on him.

"Sorry I was just thinking." I replied.

"So what are you going to do now?" He asked and I noticed the rest of the guys had dispersed around already.

"About Forth?" I asked and he nodded. "I don't know, he's not here. I don't even know if he will come back. There's nothing I can do." I said and he nodded again.

"That was a long time ago Beam. Just let bygones be bygones. You shouldn't dwell on the past." He said patting my back when he stood up.

"I guess you're right." I said touching the gear. But it didn't feel right. I shouldn't have asked sometimes it's better not to know things. I guess old me was right about one thing I should've wait for him to come back and tell me himself if he did.

I ended being the first one to leave Pha's house. I just wasn't in the mood anymore. My emotions were overwhelming I didn't even knew how to feel anymore. I told the cab to stop at the convenience store near my dorm. I needed some snacks and maybe some beers. I was browsing through the stalls I just picked some snacks and was about to leave when I heard a familiar voice. But it couldn't be am I hallucinating things? I shook my head this was affecting me too much so I went to pay for my snacks so I could leave. I grabbed the bag and turned around and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was Forth with Park and Lam and they were buying some beers it seemed. He looked the same even his attire in his usual white shirt with leather jacket and jeans. He was laughing with Park and Lam and hadn't noticed my presence. I quickly left because I felt my heart beating a thousand miles per hour and if I stayed I probably would've done something stupid. But he was back how long has it been since he returned? Why hasn't he looked for me? I thought confused. I walked absentmindedly to my dorm today has been a rollercoaster of emotions I feel emotionally drained.

A.N.

So I'm focusing on my other stories for now because I want to have a clear plot for the story from start to finish not like these short stories which I just write in the moment. So currently all my ideas are focusing on them and I kind of left this one in the side. But I don't want to do that. So I was thinking what I could do and I thought about asking you guys. What else do you want to see on this book? If you have an idea or something you want me to write about then feel free to send me a private message and I'll gladly do it as long as it's not a sex scene (which I still can't write) but it can be implied like I've done in the past. Also for this story I'm thinking next chapter is going to be the last. So see you soon hopefully and I'll let you know when I will post the other stories. I'm thinking for now maybe Wednesday if I have everything ready.