Sick

Beam's P.O.V.

I was sitting in class waiting for the professor to get here. Today I wasn't feeling good. I think I'm getting sick but we have a quiz so I couldn't stay home. I was revising my notes for the last time when Kit and Pha arrived.

"Hey Beam, are you ready for the quiz?" Asked Pha

"Yeah, I was up until late last night studying. I think I'm prepared."

"Good," he said focusing his attention on the phone when it rang. His boyfriend was probably texting him. Same with Kit he was engrossed in his phone before sitting next to me.

"Ai Asshole you didn't even say hello to me. Now that you two have boyfriends you forget about me." I said then smacked Kit's head.

"You could have a boyfriend too but you are too afraid to make a move on Forth," he said while smirking at me.

"I don't like Forth, if I did I would've made a move by now!" I said trying to defend myself.

"Yeah right, you can fool anybody but me. I've seen the way you look at him. But if it's true then you won't mind me calling him and asking him to go drinking with you and get some girls right?" said Kit taking my phone quickly.

I wasn't about to back down. There's no way he will seriously do it. "Go ahead I don't mind," I didn't even try to take the phone from his hand. Then I saw him tap the password and started to scroll. He went to my contacts and found Forth's number. When he was about to press the button I snatched the phone from him and locked it. Kit raised his eyebrow and gave me a knowing look.

"I'm just not in the mood to get some girls today." I said not looking at Kit in the eyes.

"Yeah, it's been a while since you're not in the mood. Don't even think that I didn't realize you stopped playing when we started hanging out with Forth's gang."

"It's true even I noticed it and I'm usually clueless," said Pha finally joining the conversation.

"You think he has noticed it? I think I should stop hanging out when we have plans with them."

"He doesn't know you like we do so he probably hasn't noticed. But why don't you make a move Beam? He swings both ways so you have a chance." said Kit and Pha nodded.

"It's just with girls they just throw themselves at me so I don't know how to flirt. Plus I've never had feelings for anyone like this and it scares me so much that he won't feel the same way. I don't want to be heartbroken." I replied honestly.

They were both looking at me with concern. I'm usually a player with no feelings so this side of me must be surprising to them.

"You don't have to worry about me guys. I'm sure these feelings will go away soon. I'm Beam Baramee after all I don't do relationships. It's just a crush nothing serious anyway." They both nodded unsure of what to say. Kit was about to say something else but the professor arrived.

After two hours we were done with the quiz and walked to the food court.

"Beam are you alright? You don't look too good," said Kit

"I've been feeling a bit sick all day," I said sitting down at a table at the food court.

"I'll go buy you some medicine in the nearby convenience store. Pha stay with him ok," said Kit while walking away and Pha sat down in front of me. I rest my head on the table. Suddenly Pha's phone started ringing and he answered.

"WHAT? ARE YOU OK? I WILL BE THERE AS SOON AS I CAN." Pha screamed into the phone startling me.

"What happened?" I asked when he hung up.