Love of my life (part 5)

Beam's P.O.V.

"Well since you're already here it wouldn't hurt to spend some time together? For old times sake?" He said unsure and I nodded happily.

"Let's do that." I agreed instantly. We walked towards the parking lot.

"Let's take my bike, I'll bring you here for your car later." He said and I nodded taking the helmet he was offering me. I didn't even ask where we were going I just got in. My phone was ringing it was probably Pha and Kit to lecture me about missing class. I just turned my phone off and focused on the moment. He stopped in front of an ice cream shop and we got out.

"Sit down I'll order for the both of us." He said and I was about to protest when he looked at me sternly.

"Fine I want chocolate." I said and he nodded before leaving. I sat down on a table to wait for him. I contemplated turning on my phone but I decided against it. He brought a sundae with both chocolate and vainilla ice cream for us to share.

"So I was thinking about it and I have a condition for us hanging out today. Since it's your fault all my progress in getting over you went straight to hell when you showed up at my faculty today, then you have to do something for me." He stated taking a spoonful of ice cream.

"Hmm seems fair what do you want?" I asked enjoying the ice cream.

"I want you to be my boyfriend." He said and I choked on the ice cream. "I mean just for today to see what it would've been like." He said and I was conflicted on what to do.

"I- Forth- it's- how it's that going to help you?" I finally managed to ask since I was at loss for words.

"It doesn't, but I still want to." He said determined and I looked at him unsure. "Look here's the reality of it. After today we may never cross paths again. I need to get over my feelings for you and that's gonna take a lot of time. Also you can't come visit me again like you did today Beam because as you can see it's hard for me to let you go. I can't stay away from you unless you do the same because right now if you tell me you love me I'd forget about everything else. As much as I'd like to be at least your friend some day that's probably not going to happen. So I just want to enjoy today with you as much as possible. Instead of how we left things last time in a sad note let's just be happy for today. Let's just forget what comes next even if it makes things harder. Of course I'm not forcing you if you don't want to we can end it here. So what do you say?" He finished his rant and I was left dumbfounded.

I took some time to analyze everything he said letting the silence engulf us. He just let me be while we finished the ice cream. What he was saying it's true even if I didn't want to admit it. So why not be happy with him for today without having any consequences. He won't expect anything from today so it's ok right?

"I have a condition too." I said and he nodded waiting for me to continue. "You can't kiss me on the lips that's off limits." I stated and I could see him thinking.

"Fair enough, where should we go then?" He asked standing up and I did the same. He wasted no time quickly intertwining our hands. I looked at him and he raised and eyebrow daring me to say something about it.

"I don't know, somewhere we can have fun." I said and he nodded dragging me with him. We got on his bike again and he drove towards the mall. I followed him while we walked hand in hand until he stopped in front of the arcade.

"It's the first place I thought about when you said fun." He said shrugging.

"I haven't been here in years come on let's go." I said dragging him inside excitedly. We bought some tokens and started playing. Mostly against each other to see who could win. But then Forth wanted to play some bike game which was completely unfair since I don't drive one so I opted for playing the basketball one. Mid game I felt Forth came behind me.

"Let me help you." He said guiding my hands with his.

"That's so cliché you know. Do you think you are in a K-drama or something?" I said looking at him in the eye.

"Shh let me enjoy it." He said giving me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled I've missed having him this close. I just wish we could stay like this I miss him. If his feelings didn't get in the way of our friendship everything would be better I thought. Without realizing it we spent the entire afternoon in the arcade. When we were done I was tired and hungry but I had fun.

"Come on I know what we are doing next." He said and I just followed him. "Wait for me here I'm going to buy some things." He said leaving me sitting down. Since I was tired I complied buying a bottle of water in a nearby machine. Forth returned rather quickly with a blanket and some food. "Let's have a picnic." He said and I smiled.

"That's sounds great let's go." I said. We went to a nearby park and found a spot. He bought a lot of sandwiches, fruits and snacks. We were having a good time enjoying each other company. When we were done Forth rested his head on my lap. I started playing with his hair running my fingers through it. He closed his eyes enjoying the moment. I admired his face for a while and unconsciously started tracing his face with my fingers. When I was done he opened his eyes and just stared at me. He sat down in front of me and we just silently stared at each other until he broke it grabbing my hands in his.

"Even though you know this I never officially said it to you and I don't know it just feels like the right thing to do you know?" He paused to look at me and I just stared waiting for him to continue. "I love you." He said softly and I could feel my heart beating faster. Before I could process what I was doing I got closer to him until our lips crashed.

At first it was a sweet innocent kiss but it soon got heated. He pulled me by my waist until I was straddling him. My hands were in his hair while his were roaming around my body. We pulled back out of breath and our foreheads were still touching. Without thinking much about it I went in for a second kiss which he gladly accepted. I was conscious of what I was doing but I couldn't stop. Surprisingly he was the one who pulled away.

"Beam, what are you doing?" He asked looking at me in the eye.

"I don't know, I just..." I started saying but he cut me off.

"Got lost in the moment I know. But we should stop here, ok? Come on I'll take you to your car now it's best we just end things here." He said and I nodded. The walk to his bike and the drive back I was lost in thought. How could I let this happen. Why did I kiss him? I was so confused. We stopped in front of my car.

"Do you want me to follow you home?" He asked and I shook my head no. "Ok then I guess this is goodbye." He said.

"I will miss you." I said and he smiled sadly.

"Stop saying things like that Beam Baramee or I won't let you go and this time it'll be your fault." He said and I felt the urge to say it one more time but controlled myself.

"Drive safely." I said instead and he nodded before leaving. I felt an immense sadness thinking this was probably the last time I'll see him. As I drove to my apartment a love song started playing in the radio and I felt like it described what I was feeling in that moment and I could only think about Forth. I tried changing it but they were all love songs and they all led me back to thinking about him. As I got to my apartment I finally came to realize something and it might just be too late.

"Dammit I love Forth too." I said resting my head on the steering wheel. How could I be this stupid. I just let him go like that. What if I lost him?