Rainy day (part 2)

Forth's P.O.V.

The rain is still pouring when I wake up. I feel the bed around me looking for Beam but I don't find him. I sit down and look around. I saw Beam standing up in front of the glass balcony door with a cup on his hand. He was just looking dazedly at the rain. I got out of bed and walked behind him. I put a hand on his shoulder he was a little startled but calmed down quickly.

"I thought the rain would be over by now." He said breaking the silence.

"It's probably going to rain all day today too." I answered and he nodded.

"Have you been awake for long?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Just a little while. I wanted to make you breakfast but there's really nothing to eat here." He said letting out a laugh.

"Sorry about that I haven't had time to go shopping." I said and he nodded.

"You've been gone for a while. I didn't know you were coming back. I didn't even know you left until Lam told me." Said Beam now in a cold distant voice. His attention on the rain outside again.

"I didn't mean to disappear like that it just happened. I didn't know you cared though." I said and he turned to look at me sadly.

"Yeah me neither." He said which left me confused but he didn't explain himself.

"Can I ask now?" I said and he looked down.

"You want to know what was wrong with me yesterday?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes I am worried about you." I explained.

"Well you said it's going to be raining all day so we have time. I will tell you before leaving but not right now." He said and I sighed.

"Fine, I don't mean to pry I'm just worried." I said and he smiled at me.

"I don't mind you asking I'm just not ready right now." Said Beam. "I actually like days like this I enjoy watching the rain so let's enjoy it for a while." He said turning again to the glass doors but this time he got closer and leaned a bit of his weight into me who was standing behind. I wrapped my arms around him instinctively.

"It feels peaceful." I said after a while and he just hummed. We stayed like that for a while.

"I'm hungry again." Said Beam and as if on cue his stomach growled.

"Yeah me too but we ate all the ramen I bought yesterday." I said.

"So what do we do now?" He asked turning to look at me.

"The convenience store is nearby I'll just run over there and grab some supplies." I said grabbing my wallet and the umbrella.

"I want to come too you'll just buy ramen again." Said Beam and I laughed.

"Fine." I said throwing a hoodie to him and putting one myself. After that we left. This time we were both running in the rain trying to cover ourselves with the umbrella. Thankfully not many people were out so we made it quickly. To our luck it was open. I grabbed a basket and followed Beam. He picked up some sandwiches, different kinds of frozen food, more ramen, drinks and a few chips and chocolates. After that we went to pay. Thankfully this time it's wasn't raining as bad so we could walk back to the apartment without getting soaked.

"Do you only buy ramen? Or have you tasted any of these?" Beam asked once we were sorting out the food we bought.

"Well in my defense I mostly go to the supermarket because I like to cook I barely eat frozen food. So when I have nothing to eat I always buy ramen is quick, easy and delicious." I defended myself.

"You like to cook?" He asked amused and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes my mom taught me before coming to leave alone. She always made home cooked meals so I barely ate out." I said and he nodded thoughtfully.

"Well I don't like frozen food that much I barely eat it too but I don't cook. I mostly eat what Phana or Kit cook or I eat out. But when I have to at least I buy option." He continued to tease me.

"Whatever." I said taking a sandwich and Beam did the same.

"Damn I was hungry." He said also grabbing a bag of Doritos.

"Aren't you always?" I asked and he laughed.

"Can I ask you a question? I know I haven't answered yours but I'm dying of curiosity." He asked and I nodded.

"Sure go ahead." I said not minding.

"Why did you leave? It was so sudden. I tried calling you but you never answered and then Lam said that you had left and he didn't even know if you were coming back. So what happened?" He asked curiously and I was taken aback. I didn't expect him to ask me that.

"Oh well it's kind of a long story." I said and he nodded.

"Well if you don't mind we got time." He said.

"Ok then. First sorry for not answering your calls. I lost my phone so I had to get a new one. But I left one month ago and it wasn't planned or anything. I was just getting out of class and received a call from my father. He told me my mom was sick and they were on their way to the hospital. I instantly got worried so I just ran to my bike to get home. Somewhere along the way I lost my phone I don't know where or when exactly. I just know I drove to the hospital as fast as I could. For the next couple of days I didn't care about anything except my family. My dad and I spent a week at the hospital where the only thing g on our minds was my mom. We barely leaved the hospital so I didn't think about anything else. Once she started to get better I kind of came back to reality. I realized I didn't have my phone. I had to borrow my dads phone so I could call Lam. He helped me get a leave and took care of everything over here. I was so worried I didn't contact anyone else I didn't bother to get a phone until my mom was out. She basically forced me to come back and I did because my sister was finally able to come take care of mom and help dad. So I bought a new phone and came back so I wouldn't lose the semester. I got back here yesterday in the morning and found you in the afternoon so you are the only person who knows I'm back." I finished talking and looked at Beam who seemed to be processing everything I just said.

"Well I'm glad your mom is better and that you are back I have missed you." Said Beam and that made me smile. I didn't even think he would notice I was gone. So I was surprised he not only noticed but missed me too.

"Thanks I didn't even think you'd notice." I said truthfully.

"Neither did I." Said Beam and I looked at him confused.

"What?" I said confused and he shook his head.

"Nothing let's watch a movie." He said turning on the tv and now I was the one lost in thought.

A.N.

I almost made a big mistake with this chapter! I usually write down what I want to happen in the chapter like little notes. Most of the time they are very vague just a few words so I can remember what I want to write in a chapter but sometimes they are paragraphs with whole scenes described in detail. I delete them as I write them but this chapter turned out to be longer than I anticipated so half of the notes are going towards the next one. Instead of deleting them here I almost posted the chapter with the notes of what was going to happen next hahaha. Thankfully I noticed seconds before hitting the publish button or that would've been a big spoiler. Anyways back to the topic next update might take a few days since I want to update my other stories. For those of you following my other works my next update it's going to be on The Bet, the Never forget and last but not least my MewGulf/TharnType short stories. After I finish with all that I'll be coming back here again so if everything goes according to plan next update is going to come Wednesday. That's all for now take care everyone and stay safe.