Chapter 109 (Barrier Magic)

Annnnnd  CentryNEL Is back again with his Fantastic Fanarts! Amazing work as always!

-FreiPixelz

6/13/2020

*Evan POV*

[Where did you find these pages.] (Me)

[Hm? Teh Gild Masteh gave meh thes pages.] (Arnold)

Ruby huh?

Dam It. Now I have to find her, Don't I?

[You know where she is?] (Me)

[She shuld be wit teh Quen. Sinc it's the Blood Moon, she wuld be halpng her mjasty seten up the barrier.] (Arnold)

....wut?

Gonna have to use flippen Algebra and calculus just to understand what he's saying

I asked him a few more things and finally pieced together what he was saying along with some extra Juicy info.

Ruby is with Daisy right now in the castle, but I think I finally understand why Daisy is the way she is.

The Juicy info Arnold told me is how they, or at least the humans, choose their King or Queen. It's not through their wisdom, intelligence or leadership. though, maybe up to some extent. But, the main way the choose a King or queen is if they can perform a specialized spell called "Barrier".

I think I saw Daisy use it a couple of times when we were fighting Ruby when she went bonkers cuz of me.

If the person in question has mastered the Barrier spell in different ways and has the ability to lead people then he or she can be crowned and has to lead an independent Kingdom If they want to do that.

Why would they want to do that? I don't know. I'm not gonna dabble in their politics either.

But this explains why a kid like Daisy was so quickly crowned. And why she's so hell-bent on a peace treaty with all other races and whatnot, cuz this is probably her goal for this Kingdom.

Anyway, It looks like the reason this kingdom has not so easily fallen down, even with its low firepower is cause of Daisy.

If the threat is too much to handle then she just has to erect up a barrier to keep everyone inside and safe. 

Sounds easy but I do question the strength of the Barrier since I remember ruby easily shattering it.

Though Arnold quickly rid of my confusion. He said the barrier spell requires a long process of preparations and can't be erected quickly in one go otherwise it would end up extremely weak.

So it's kind of like the Dome spells I have but the problem with my dome spell is that they don't listen to me, even though they can be erected quickly.