Chapter 44 (Elizabeth's Past)

Evan POV:

Everyone walked up to the Castle Courtyard.

With stone walls surrounding us and an area which can easily hold a thousand people, the almost 500 soldiers felt extremely spacious now.

There were also huge tables with tons of different type of dishes. There was also tons of maids keeping tracks of the food I presume. Like keeping tabs on what needs refilling.

In the middle of the courtyard, there was a huge unlit bonfire.

[Alright Everyone! Let's Have A Feast!] (Daisy)

Every single soldier, Humans and also Elves shouted loudly and charged straight towards the food. Even Lucy and Oswald Charged Forward.

......... The maids are gonna have a hard time.

Even the flippen Captains are charging in to get food. Except for my man, Trish and that Rudolph guy who were staying with their Queens.

I might as well start my detective work with Elizabeth.

But I don't want to look casual and like some shady guy who's looking for answers.

Guh, who am I kidding? I'm a Smooth Criminal. I can handle these kinds of situations.

I walked up to the Queens who were happily chatting with each other. Beside Trish and Rudolph, Ruby and Tifa were also here.

[Yo Everybody. Looks like everything went well.] (Me)

[Ah, Evan. Everything has gone wonderfully well. I still can't believe that the hatred of everyone has slowly started leaving. It will take a while, but the first step has been taken. I guess I have to thank Daisy for that.] (Elizabeth)

[Me?] (Daisy)

[Your naiveness and innocence gave birth to something that I thought was impossible to do.] (Elizabeth)

[No No, I haven't done anything. I only had a wish but I was also stuck. It was Evan who helped us all.] (Daisy)

Why does everything revolve back to me?

Elizabeth nodded.

[True. Thank you once again, Evan. For saving us.] (Elizabeth)

Everyone else was listening to us.

[Nah, I only stated some of my opinions. You guys did the rest. Bravo for everyone who took part and let's leave it at that. Okay?] (Me)

I'm gonna try to stop this conversation here because I'm not that good with compliments.

The Queens chuckled and the rest smiled.

Okay, now how can I start a conversation which ends with her telling me about the old hero's stories while also making sure that she doesn't get suspicious of me being a hero too.

Why do I want to keep my identity a secret, you may ask? CUZ IM BATMAN.

No, its because they would keep telling me to do stuff and only rely on me for everything, which I don't want to happen.

Now. How do I do this?

[Hey Elizabeth, I was wondering, how old you are?] (Me)

Mission Failed! We'll Get 'Em Next Time!

Rudolph looked at me angrily and I don't blame him I would've done the same thing.

[Ten thousand and fifty four.] (Elizabeth)

Wow, She's old........ Or not? I have no idea about an Elf's lifespan.

I could see Tifa's shocked expression when she said that.