Chapter 77 (Arc 6: Corruption Problems - Start)

Helputt POV:

I'm Helputt and I was a King. Now, I've lost my kingdom and my people. I'm not fit to be called a King but here I am. At the ruins of my kingdom. It pains me to just look at it because it reminds me of the memories of my people.

I clenched my fist hard but I can't fight the one responsible for it. The Cultists. They're too many and we're only a few. I don't want to lose the ones I have but I guess with Evan and the other Heroes that Evan brought. We might actually be able to do it.

I kept thinking of regrets and revenge like this while I was waiting for my little brother. 

It's been months since he had messaged me through Wind Mail. The only problem with the spell Wind Mail is that it doesn't work if we're too far apart and no one wanted to go near where my brother had gone to send a Wind Mail. however, I don't blame them. It was a Dangerous place known as the Corruption, Where all life was dead and rotten, inhabited by the existence known as the "Eater of Souls" and the "Devourers". 

Even if any living beings went there, they would slowly start becoming corrupted as their flesh started becoming rotten until they were no better than zombies. Fortunately, Sord and his crew were blessed by the Faeries and the Corruption shouldn't harm them 

My little brother, Sord went with his wife and two strong and loyal soldiers Rose The Captain of the Swordsman's and her little brother Alton. Right now, The message he sent also said that they were still battling in the corruption but gained some leeway and only Sord was coming back to the Castle for a quick visit.

I sighed. My brain went through hundreds of simulation of how I should greet him, but I can't help but think what would Sord think of when he comes back to his Homeplace and sees that it's completely ruined? Though I have prepared myself for any and all insults.

Some minutes passed and I kept myself in the same pose. Hands behind my back while staring at the ruin of the Kingdom. I heard Noises of someone running here so I looked back and it was him, my little brother. 

He was out of breath as he stared at me in horror.

[Y-Your Majesty! What Happened!?!] (Sord)

He looked the same as before when he went away. Subtle white colored beard, short White hair and sharp light blue colored eyes that looked like crystals. He had a strong muscled frame and was around 6 Foot but a bit smaller than me. He was wearing a White half sleeved shirt that was buttoned up and also wearing a large bag behind him. He was also wearing his trustee Silversword on his waist.

I couldn't look at him in the eye. so I stared at the ground and shook my head.

I wanted to say something but my voice was stuck in my throat, right in front of us was my mistake that costed the lives of hundreds of my bretherens and their families.

[I... I couldn't save them... They were everywhere.] (Me)

I couldn't look at him, I didn't realize when my tears started come out of my eyes even though I did my best to stop them.

[I... I... ] (Me)

It was hard to talk but Sord came up to me and gave me a hug.

A minute or two passed just like this.

We both sat on nearby rubble as I explained to him how we were attacked.

....

Sord slammed his fist on the nearby rubble and it turned to dust.

[Those Damned Cultists!] (Sord)

I stayed silent but I was also in turmoil.

Through clenched teeth, he talked angrily.