Chapter: 3 (Preparation and Ambush)

*Evan POV*

And inside the chest there was!

Chest :
Wand of sparking
6 iron bar
3 lesser health potions
2 invisibility potions
2 gold coin

[WOOHOO] (Me).

More Chance of survival!

I excitedly grabbed the wand of sparking. It looks like a small tree branch with 2 small green leaves attached on the tip.

Wand of sparking:
Damage: 8(magic)
Knockback: none
Mana cost: 2
Critical chance: 4%
Use time: average speed
Tooltip: it creates a small spark that will fly forward and light anything on fire.

I finally am Going to Use Magic. provided that it's the worst magic tool in the game, but Hey. You take what you can get right? 

Plus, I can dual wield so, it's not that much of a problem.

I can use the iron out of the chest to make an anvil.

And the rest of the things have benefits too.

I made a new wooden workbench since I lost the one I used before. 

And to make things cozier, I created and placed a campfire

I received a Campfire Buff on me.

Campfire: Gives small health regeneration when near it.

Every Terraria Player knows about it. I The health regeneration is almost nill, but then again, it's better than nothing.

I checked my health.

Life:
46/100

For some reason, the game calls, health "Life", I don't mind it but I'm calling it Health. Oh, and my health does regen automatically but it's around 1 HP every 3 or 4 sec. The campfire should increase that interval.

I need the other crafting table's the workbench is one that helps me craft many things, but Anvil helps me create some "Real" tools and I also need a furnace to smelt the ores and stuff.

I don't have cobblestone so I equipped my copper pickaxe and started mining.

Why do I need cobblestones? you may ask. well, that's one of the components to make a furnace and some arrows. Some general, helpful tools

So, I spent the next some minutes mining cobblestone. There was only dirt in this cave but after digging a bit, I did find some cobblestones.

[Alright, now let's start cook'en up some stuff.] (Me)

Terraria's crafting system always instantly make anything I want to make. so i instantly had an anvil and a furnace in my inventory.

I placed them down next to the workbench and started crafting my things.

I created around 300 wooden arrows and some lesser health potions It wasn't much of a problem since everything was instantly made.

Lesser health potions:
Tooltip: heals 50 HP but cooldown of 60 sec after using one.

Wooden Arrows:
Damage:4
Knockback: very weak
Velocity: slow

With the arrows, I can finally take down enemies from far away... I wonder if I can become like a Stealth archer, like from Skyrim?

I wonder. Right now, the possibilities seem endless. 

....I have to figure out what I'm doing here and make some plans about what I will do here but that's for after I survive the first night.