Chapter 40 (Faith and Hope)

Evan POV:

Annnnd that's the diaper done.

I've made the two babies wear diapers. They're lying on my bed right now.

I'm glad that the dressing table makes clothes from magic and somehow gave me a pair of diapers.

I also have experience with babies because I used to take care of my baby siblings and cousins.

By the way, these two also had a single really fluffy tail too. The one with gold hair had a golden tail with white tip and the other one had a black fluffy tail with a white tip. I had to make a hole in the diapers so they're tails didn't feel uncomfortableness.

I sighed deeply.

What did I get myself into.

They say that curiosity killed the cat but it made me A FLIPPEN DAD!!!

I should have remembered the fact that animals, after hatching would consider the first person they see as their parents.

I'll just have to imagine them as ducklings who saw me after they hatched.

By the way, these are some super babies or something. I'm pretty sure that they were born a few minutes ago but they can crawl and call me papa.

However, they don't seem to know any other word.

If I try to talk to them they would just say Nya or purr. Which was honestly really damn cute.

For some reason, they would always try to crawl towards me. I sat down on the bed to see what they were trying to do and they started to climb my clothes and the one with the black hair climbed up to my head, hid in my hair and started to purr slowly. The other one got on my shoulder and started to purr too.

Damn It! This is too damn cute for my disgusting little heart.

I should tell someone that I'm a flippen father now. Welp, might as well tell Helputt and nezha about it.

I grabbed the golden-haired baby from my shoulder and placed her on my lap.

[MOM! DAD!] (Me)

And then I waited for them to come. By the way, I was sitting on the bed in such a way that I was facing away from the door.

The door slammed open and Helputt jumped in.

[Evan! What Happened!?] (Helputt)

Nezha was right behind him with a worried look.

Well, I have never called them like these so I'm pretty sure they thought it was an emergency.

Now........ how do I tell them?

Ah, screw it. I'm gonna go with my usual way of handling things.

[Congratulations. You guys are now grandparents.] (Me)

[W-Wha?] (Helputt)

Before he even said anything. The black haired little critter revealed herself from my hair.

[Garnma?] (Black haired baby)

Helputt unfortunately got trampled under feet of nezha during her charge straight at me.

Nezha started shrieking as if she was a teenage fan who saw her favourite idol.

With hearts in her eyes and giant smile, she held out her hands to pick the black-haired little critter from my hair.

The little baby didn't mind being held up by nezha so she held out her tiny little arms.

Nezha carefully picked her up and squished her face with the baby and started shrieking in happiness.