+ nyctophilia. 7

Börja om från början

"Really? I didn't notice,",I tried to joke,terribly failing as my arms trembled more,my legs shaking lightly,lips quivering,fog escaping my mouth as I spoke.

"Do you have a sweater or something?",he asked me,unaware that he stroking my cheek very lightly with his thumb.

"N-no,",my teeth chattered.

"Go inside the truck while I set the blankets up,it won't take long. Take Leo with you. I have a jacket in the back that you can wear,",he paused,blinking once before finishing,"Scratch that,you have to wear it."

"I'll stay with y—",I began in a raspy voice but he pulled his hand back and ordered,"Go."

Not needing to be told twice,I jogged over to his truck,pulling open the back door and settling Leo inside,climbing in myself once he had pawed his way to the other side. I shut the door quickly and let out a foggy sigh,rubbing my hands together in an attempt to warm myself up a little.

I noticed the jacket that Johnny had told me to wear,reaching my hand out and pulling it towards me.

As I slipped on the hooded denim jacket,I couldn't help but smile when a wave of lemon scent hit me,intoxicating me as I breathed it in. I could never get over how amazing Johnny smelt.

"It's cold out there,huh buddy?",I pet Leo's head while he snuggled up into a ball,clearly liking it better in here.

The door to Leo's side opened,Johnny's figure standing there as he took a glance at me and then his puppy — who was half asleep. "You can come out now if you want to,",he informed me. I nodded and opened the door to my side.

"Are you sleepy,buddy? That's a good boy,we'll see you in a bit,ok?",I heard Johnny say to Leo in an attempted child-like voice.

I pretended not to hear it,knowing well how he would've wanted me to. But I couldn't keep the smile off my lips,so I quietly made my way to the back of the truck,Johnny following my movements.

He took a side glance at me while opening the tail gate,his jacket that I was wearing falling down to my skirt's length. He looked away in a second,as if not wanting to be caught. So once again,I pretended to not have noticed his glance and acted busy by pulling my socks up a little more.

Johnny climbed up first,holding his hands to out to help me up too,I slipped my palms in his and let him pull me up. We kicked off our shoes and let them fall on the ground.

I took a look around the bed floor that was covered in blankets,a toothy grin appearing on my cold lips.

"You're amazing,",I told Johnny honestly.

He didn't reply,he averted his eyes from mine and went to lay down on his back,one arm under his head,his other arm resting on his stomach.

"Watching the stars this way is easier,",he said,his green eyes roaming around the sky that towered over us.

I dropped a small smile and mirrored his position,one hand under my head and the other resting on my stomach as I lay next to him,facing the sky,fascinated by the stars that were scattered around like glitter.

"It's beautiful,",my voice came out soft,I wasn't even aware that I'd spoken,too lost in the beauty of the sky.

Johnny didn't reply,at least not in words. He titled his head in my direction,his eyes settled on my face. I didn't look back,I continued admiring the sky. It felt like long minutes,but it was only for a few heartbeats that his gaze lasted. He turned his head away and focused on the stars again.

"Perfect.",was all he said.

____________

johnny :)