Part 4: Heartless

In a lantern-lit bamboo path, Chu Feng caught up with Lord Wang -who was waiting for her after hearing footsteps behind him.

"What is it that you want?" Lord Wang questioned.

Chu Feng took a deep breath before saying, "I want to make a deal."

"You aren't in any position to make a deal," Lord Wang answered with a smirk. She is foolish to think she can change anything.

"I won't argue with you. I will tell you where you can find the winter jewel. In exchange, grant me access to leave this place anytime."

After stating her purpose, Lord Wang neither replied nor moved.

"That is all I ask," Chu Feng said.

If she doesn't get a response from him today then she'll bring it up again tomorrow. After all, she has all the time in the world, at least more than him.

In an unhurried voice, she continued, "If you don't want to know where it is, it's fine by me. Don't expect me to cooperate even if you try to kill me."

"As a demigod, your body won't last without a heart," saying her last words for the day, she turned to leave.

Before she could take a step, her hand was grasped by him. With a pull, her body turned 45 degrees.

Their eyes quickly met. Both were unwilling to look away because whoever did first was the loser.

Chu Feng tried to shake his hand off but his grasp continued to stay tight.

"Will you accept my deal?"

She could feel her hand losing blood flow. It was better to end this quickly.

In a deep and menacing tone, Lord Wang replied, "Fine, but you cannot leave until the winter jewel is in my hands. I'll let give you anything you want while you're here"

"No. Grant me access to leave anytime I want."

"You can lie about the location."

Unable to refute him, Chu Feng said, "Then, grant me access to leave anytime after you've confirmed its location. You can't take your words back."

Lord Wang thought carefully and nodded in agreement.

"I'll send someone to serve my guest early tomorrow morning," Lord Wang said.

Chu Feng commented, "There is a flower maiden who was born in the winter and is in the blooming phase. The owner is Li clan's first miss, Li Yu Yan."

Without another moment wasted, Chu Feng followed the path back to the guest room. Her part was done for now. It is up to Lord Wang to do whatever with the information.

Chu Feng quietly sat in the room, writing out what she could remember from the little fragments shown to her.

Luckily, she still had her spatial ring to accompany her while she stayed here. Unluckily for her, Han Qin Xi wouldn't tell her anything even if she tried to ask. She knew Han Qin Xi was uncooperative from the start but still tried to reason with her. All Han Qin Xi wants is her wish to be fulfilled.

For the next few days, Chu Feng spent time putting her timeline together with the little clues she had.

"The violet flower from the other day triggered the memories," Chu Feng mumbled. "And its with someone. But who?"

Thinking back, although the figure was hiding behind a dark cloud mask, it couldn't hide the flowery resin bracelet it wore. But from what she knew, no one could have made a resin bracelet from flowers she, herself, grew specifically to turn into jewelry.

In the past, she gave a resin bracelet to Second Madam Li as a birthday gift and some resin jewelry to Li Gao Xian before she left Nian city.

Second Madam Li doesn't leave the Li Residence unless she had somewhere important to go. The Yearly Grand Competition isn't such an important event that a virtuous wife like her would go to.

That leaves Li Gao Xian as the only option unless it was stolen. Then again, the resin bracelet isn't something of high value and Li Gao Xian also doesn't have servants around her.

If she does have the dark violet flower, would Li Gao Xian let her see it?

Chu Feng rubbed her head. She won't know unless she goes to Li Gao Xian.

For now, she'll just say Li Gao Xian is the owner of the flower. What would her goal be then?

Chu Feng reviewed her notes again for the nth time. There were too many missing points and things didn't add up. She removed the events that happened in the story to only focus on Han Qin Xi's past.

All she knew was that Han Qin Xi won't let go of Zhou Weiyang because of their past they had together. They were partners once and he died.

From the memories, the time period was like in the present. It wasn't super ancient or futuristic. It is the present.

Is it possible that things rewound? If so, how?

Right when she questioned herself, she had a feeling that it was tied to the dark violet flower. However, there was no proof.

"Cloudy," Chu Feng called.

"Yes, Lady?" a black cloud rushed in through the open windows and appeared before Chu Feng.