Not the Only Ones

"Putting everything else aside," Murong Qin'er looked at Chu Feng while wiping off her hands gently, "Are we friends or foes?" 

Master Ling looked at Chu Feng too. 

"Considering you've already background check me, what do you think?" Chu Feng's lips curved a little. 

Not only did they already know who she was, they knew she transmigrated. And, wasn't it interesting to listen to how others thought of you?

Having them as allies would be great. 

Two fewer enemies to deal with.

"Great then, Mo Ling at your service."

Master Ling smiled joyfully and broke the moment of silence. 

"Mo Mo! That was too quick!" Murong Qin'er humphed and eyed Master Ling. 

She knew that Master Ling would accept Chu Feng already but didn't think it would be this fast. Master Ling didn't accept herself that fast too. 

Is she trying to steal her friend?

Keeping her thoughts to herself, Murong Qin'er slightly surrendered and sighed before she said, "I trust in Mo Mo's decision. I too will be a friend."

Even if Murong Qin'er tried to hide it, her facial expression showed it all. She must be the type to show everything on her face even if she didn't want to. 

"I do hope we get along," Master Ling happily spoke. If it was a cartoon, a little flower could be seen popping up from his head.

"I do hope so too," Chu Feng repeated. Even if one of them disliked her, she didn't really care as long as that dislike doesn't turn to hate.

A moment of silence passed. Only outside, one could hear the thundering snowstorms coming towards Nian City. It was surely going to be a dark day.

Feeling the weird atmosphere and frustrated, Murong Qin'er broke the silence, "Please, stop with that tone both of you! We aren't selling ourselves to each other. We are making friendship happen!"

Chu Feng looked over towards Murong Qin'er. It was surely surprising that she was the one who said that. She thought: 'So she really wasn't against this friendship after all.'

"Haha, you accepted her after all, Qin'er." Master Ling took a sip from the tea that appeared from somewhere. Of course, he had to test Murong Qin'er's waters. If they were going to be friends, he'd like to not see them fight. It would be dangerous for the three for each of them have backing and people.

"Hmph! Making friends in this world is hard. These people have no loyalty or trust. Even beasts and animals do." Murong Qin'er leaned onto Master Ling. Her eyes were filled with grief.

Chu Feng understood what she meant. Some people are selfish while others are selfless, but this was a cultivating world. Only the fittest will survive -and that meant the main characters of this novel. After all, it was a novel about them.

After a while, Master Ling re-ordered some food that went cold. It didn't seem like he was going to stop the food from coming. What about his restaurant? Did he plan for them to eat all the food there?

Suddenly, something came to Chu Feng's mind. 

"If we could transmigrate here, that means we aren't the only ones," she said.

Hearing Chu Feng's statement, Murong Qin'er pulled out a smile, "I guess you're not that dumb."

Master Ling spoke up, "There's also a possibility that we can be the only ones. I'd like to know too if there are others. We only found you by chance."

"By chance?" Chu Feng questioned. They didn't background check her and find out then?

"Yes, by chance," Master Ling continued, "We went to Death Valley a few times as a shortcut to get to Su kingdom."

"Ah, you two saw the inventions." Chu Feng nodded her head. Death valley was like a barren desert four years ago. After they went to live there, the place turned into a forest because of Mingyu, Mei Lin, and her. It couldn't be helped. They were all nature types and each time they trained, the air quality would increase. Soon, more creatures moved in and inhabited that place. Not to mention that Chu Feng would start planting her herb garden.

At Nian city gates, only then did she hear what people thought about Death valley. 'A godly beast had inhabited Death valley, thus explaining for the strange and sudden greenness of the barren desert.'

Chu Feng chuckled a little while thinking about her last four peaceful years.

"No one would know how to make a water wheel," Murong Qin'er said as she reached out for some grapes. "It's a cultivation world, people would rather use their own abilities instead of depending on inventions."

"We did but we could only assume and bring you here today to verify the possibility." Master Ling commented.

"I see." Chu Feng smiled. Luckily they didn't find out from the background check. If others did a background check on her and found out, she'll have to 'work' something out. Luckily for her, that also meant that Lou Siying doesn't know too.

"By the way, are you still chasing after the prime minister?" Curiously, Murong Qin'er and Master Ling asked.