Fragmented

Though the fight looked like the two were on par with each other, Mingyu was falling behind. Thus, Chu Feng simultaneously attacked the young Prime Minister Zhou along with Mingyu. Both attacked, one after another, without fail and in rhythm. 

Prime Minister Zhou was forced to defend himself from the quick and ruthless attacks.

Some sect disciples made their way over to aid Zhou Weiyang. As they attacked, Mingyu turned his focus onto them.

Chu Feng continued to attack Zhou Weiyang with the intent to kill. Each move they exchanged, one of them would receive an injury. No one could tell if they were on the same level or not. 

"Han Qin Xi, stop this madness," Zhou Weiyang said as he made eye contact with Chu Feng. 

So he knows who I am?

"I'm surprised you're finally using your brain," Chu Feng curved her mouth upwards. So what if he knows?

She swiftly dodges his attack and made her move. Like a whip, her vines rushed forward. 

"Weiyang!" 

Li Yu Yan rushes over to block Chu Feng's vines, pushing the young prime minister Zhou away all the while sending her sword towards Chu Feng. Immediately, pain circulated throughout her body as a vine pierced through her left shoulder, missing her heart by an inch.

At the same time, a few feet away, Li Yu Yan's sword stabbed Mei Lin who rushed to stop it. Mei Lin pulled out the sword, shattered it, and abandoned it. She showed no sign of pain.

Mingyu hurriedly went to support Mei Lin and released his spiritual energy to heal her. Yet, Mei Lin's body was rejecting it. 

"It's fine. I won't die anyway," she said as she held herself up.

Right when Chu Feng was about to retract her vines, Han Qin Xi was stirred awaken inside her, sensing something. 

A dark violet-colored flower appeared in her field of vision. Little by little, fragmented memories began to flood her mind causing migraines and her ears started ringing loudly. 

The scene before her changed and before she knew it, she was already sitting on a bed in a well-decorated bedroom fit for a wedding. Heavy rain and thunder could be heard outside. 

The doors opened and a slightly drunk man dressed as a groom appeared before her. She recognized the man immediately.

"I've made you wait," the man said slowly. 

He picked up the decorative wedding stick and removed the veil, revealing a face uncomparable to any other being.

Chu Feng shyly looked at the man like she was a newlywed bride. 

"Prime Minister Zhou," she said in a soft and faint voice. 

"Why don't you call me husband?" He asked while faking an angry tone and moved closer to her. 

"B-Brother Weiyang," she shyly replied with the quietest voice she had, leaning backward as he leaned forward. 

Hitting the wall of the bed, she could only look away and avoid eye contact. Her heart was beating as fast and as loud as it could. Afraid that he can hear her heart, she turned to glance at him to check.

To her surprise, his mesmerizing face was only an inch away from hers and their lips nearly touched. Her heart continued to beat louder and louder with no way to stop it.

He smiled at her and held her small hands, "Aren't we husband and wives now?"

Before she could reply, he sullenly asked, "You don't want to be husband and wife with me?"

"N-no. I-I l-love you," Chu Feng managed to squeeze out. 

Prime Minister Zhou gleefully smiled and pulled her to him, his hands on her waist.

"Really?" he teasingly questioned.

"I do," she replied.

This time, she looked straight into his eyes with no second thoughts. "I love you more than anything in this world. No one can compare or replace you. Do you love me too?"

"I do," he confessed as he looked intimately into her eyes firmly, "Past, present, or future, you will be my one and only."

"You can't go back on your words," she leaned on his chest.

The scene immediately cut off and changed to another. 

This time, the sound of birds chirping could be heard. Before her, was a pile of beautifully bloomed flowers although it was snowing. A warm and soft fur jacket was placed on her as she sat outside. 

Zhou Weiyang hugged her from behind and touched her large stomach.

"I feel it," he joyfully said and gave her a peck on her cheek.

However, his mood changed as he thought about something. "Only a few months left yet I won't be there."

"It is your duty as a prime minister and right now, the empire needs you," she replied. "We'll be waiting for you to come back."

"Mn." His eyes were engulfed with uncertainty and sadness but he couldn't say what was on his mind. Her's and their child's wellbeing is all he wants. His only wish is to protect them.

Once again, everything before her changed. 

She was running to Qinyun Imperial city's execution ground with all she could. Her face was pale enough to pass as a near-death person and blood dripped down her legs as she ran but she paid no attention for she knew that even a second can cost her everything. Her hair was in a mess and sweat ran all over her body.

"Move! Move!" she yelled strenuously at the seemingly never-ending crowd that blocked her way.

Once she reached the front, her heart dropped before her tears did. A head full of messy hair rolled off the stage and landed by her feet. 

"No!" was all she could say, recognizing the bloody head as she picked it up without hesitation.

The guards in the surrounding area rushed over to take her away.

Suddenly, a miasma of despair flooded the area. The smell was horrid. Everyone there either fainted or ran away.

"Weiyang," she said, choking on her saliva. Although her vision was beginning to cloud, her eyes never left Zhou Weiyang's head.

"Madame!" A maid called out to her, panicking and holding a crying newborn with traces of blood in her arms.

However, Chu Feng didn't hear. No, it was to say she couldn't hear anything. Her only focus was the head she held onto tightly. 

As if time had stopped, she went forward to touch his lips with her's. Blood tainted her lips red and dripped onto her now pale white skin with tattoo-like flowers blooming on her skin.

With a flash, the scenery disappeared. Everything before her was the same as before. The loud ringing sound in her ears also stopped. She was back to her senses but her whole being felt like it was just torn apart.

"Han Qin Xi," Chu Feng called. Those small fragmented scenes, they felt more real than ever. They didn't feel as if they only belonged to Han Qin Xi. They felt like they were hers.