Yearly Grand Competition (1)

Looking at Chu Feng, Li Yu Yan puffed out her chest. She (LYY) really hated Han Qin Xi. Without her, she could have married Zhou Weiyang and lived a happy life right now. The only thing she wanted in life was something she couldn't have the moment she decided she wanted it. She was special, unlike that woman and everyone. Everyone she wanted had to be hers, just like the Li clan.

Chu Feng wanted to roll her eyes at the female lead whose face says 'I'm special, you aren't' but controlled herself. It would be a waste to waste emotions on the spoiled child who thinks she's the center of the world. Though, maybe she (LYY) is. She (LYY) is, after all, the female lead of this place. She must have the female lead halo too.

"Han Qin Xi," Lan Jing called. His eyes smiled as he walked towards Chu Feng. "How have you been?"

Mingyu moved a little closer to Chu Feng as Lan Jing approached them. This "Lan Jing" always gave off bad vibes whenever they saw him.

Chu Feng awkwardly answered to the weird question: "Good." 

Are we socializing right now? In this place?

"I missed you," said Lan Jing as if no one else was present at the moment except for the two of them. Not seeing her for the few days felt longer than the years they've been apart. She was even more beautiful and appealing than before even if she's changed. To him, time had stopped and he was with his beloved.

"Pfft. What a joke." Li Yu Yan mockingly laughed. Were they in a relationship? Right after divorcing and coming back, she's already with a man? Really, she (CF) doesn't deserve the Young Prime Minister Zhou at all.

He Peizhi grabbed Li Yu Yan's hand and dragged her away. As Li Yu Yan left, she yelled, "I'll see you at home, Li Gao Xian!"

Li Gao Xian's face immediately dropped down. Annoyance and bitterness appeared on her face but disappeared in a flash. Once she goes back, she'll really get an earful from her father. "I-I have to go back too."

The interruption caused Lan Jing to knit his brows in displeasure. Yet, he continued to ask, "Did you miss me?"

Chu Feng sighed in her heart. They weren't friends. They were not in a relationship too so why did he ask? And she was sure she clearly rejected his advances a few years back. But before she could answer, Mei Lin pulled onto her with a face of paleness.

"Miss, let's head back. I think I left the stove on," she panicky said.

Seeing the look in Mei Lin's eyes, Chu Feng nodded. It was, of course, a lie and she knew it but if it could get her out of here, she'll take it. "We'll be off then."

The three headed for the small flower shop without looking back, leaving Lan Qingge and Lan Jing by themselves. Lan Jing wasn't angry and was instead smiling with joy. He was able to talk to her for so long. 

It was barely the evening when they returned. The dark cloudy sky cleared a little and the days followed by. Peaceful, it was. Businesses were still closed down due to the snow and many stayed inside their homes to warm up. All events and celebrations were on hold in Nian City until the snow lessens.

As days passed by and a new month came, news spread of the return of their Young Prime Minister Zhou. Everyone in Nian City was waiting for the moment of action. They wondered what their Young Prime Minister Zhou would do in response to the return of his mad ex-wife. 

After all, they didn't break it off in a good note. Their Young Prime Minister Zhou continuously for the past four years tried to find where Han Qin Xi went but no one knew. It was as if she disappeared into thin air. He even postponed his wedding with his known "beloved lady", Li Yu Yan. No one knew what their Young Prime Minister Zhou was thinking. Did he regret breaking ties with the Third Young Miss of the Han Clan? Did he no longer love Li Clan's daughter? Who will he choose once he comes back? Everyone was waiting for answers.