Senior Brother

The old men trembled as they heard the voice they never wanted to hear from again.

"Aiya, so senior brother is here too," one of the old men quickly reacted.

Following him, the others greeted their senior brother. No matter which sect they came from, they were to call him senior brother. Master Ling wasn't their senior brother but he was their senior as in he had reached a level that was above theirs. Age didn't matter when determining one's status in the cultivation world. All that matters was the level of cultivation they have.

"What brings you here senior brother?" Another old man asked.

Master Ling looked towards the restaurant. The old men followed his gaze. At once, their faces paled. They knew their senior brother prized his restaurants and store the most after his junior brother, Ou Renshu.

Each one of the old men looked at each other, then towards their disciples. What dumb disciples they raised! How could they not recognize one of the great figures in cultivation history?!

"We will surely pay for all of it, we'll even double the price!" The old men agreed and spoke in sync although, in their hearts, they knew their sect will be broke by the end of the day.

Looking at the disciples once more, Master Ling humphed. The next thing he said shocked the old men and their disciples there. "Not enough, give me the Dyan Scroll too."

Dyan Scroll? Their disciples found it? Who?

The old men pondered. Even if they wanted the Dyan Scroll for themselves, their senior brother wanted it. Their senior brother was frightening when he wasn't pleased. Don't even talk about how their senior brother eliminated an entire sect in an hour, and that sect was the sect he was from, Yulia Sect. It used to be the number one sect until he annihilated it for reasons he would not say. Even so, no one dared to oppose him. Everyone was suspicious of Yulia Sect from the start anyways.

Remembering the past events the old men reluctantly commanded their disciples to hand over the Dyan Scroll to their senior brother. Immediately after receiving it, Master Ling verified if it was real or not. Then, he handed it to Ou Renshu who burned it with godly fire. And that was the end of the treasured Dyan Scroll.

"Such a thing that creates havoc must not exist." Master Ling satisfyingly smiled at the paled faces in front of him. 

Even if they wanted to argue back, the old men could only hold back their tongues and close their mouth in agreement. It was really such a waste. They disappeared quickly with their disciples, including Xiao Yan and Xiao Man. Right after, both sects had their treasuries emptied. It was said that all disciples -even those who didn't take part in it- were penalized by rewriting the rules of each sect and sect history books about the great leaders, including Master Ling, for the next few years. The following disciples who entered later had to do the same to save themselves from offending someone they shouldn't. 

After they left, only a few were left. And those few people were mostly the main characters in the novel's plot.

"H-how-" could you waste such a precious thing?!

Li Yu Yan was about to yell it out when she suddenly stopped. Ou Renshu looked her way, scaring her. However, it wasn't enough to frighten her. As she thought of her soon to be husband, the Young Prime Minister Zhou, she felt a sudden rush of empowerment. 

"How could you waste such a precious thing?!" Li Yu Yan yelled.

'Can Li Yu Yan be even dumber?' Everyone thought. 

Back in a cheerful mood, Master Ling turned to Ou Renshu and used one hand to point to Li Yu Yan then to his head and twirled it. 

Ou Renshu replied, "Mn."

Just now, everyone there saw. Master Ling just said Li Yu Yan was coo-coo.

"Y-you!" Li Yu Yan shakingly pointed at Master Ling. How dare that man bully her in public? Even if those old men from before were scared of him, she wasn't! She'll take him on and show whose boss! 

However, before Li Y Yan did anything, He Peizhi stepped out and brought her back. 

"Let go! I'll beat that sissy man up!" Li Yu Yan scrambled for words to fight back.

"Shh!" He Peizhi hushed Li Yu Yan with an enchantment. It will do no good for Li Yu Yan to continue blabbering. 

"Sissy or not, I still got my man while you're chasing after someone who does not belong to you! Aiya, a mistress will always be a mistress. My eyes won't last me if I don't leave now. I got to attend to my child." Master Ling chuckled and looked over at Chu Feng, signaling that Li Yu Yan was all hers. Then, he and Ou Renshu went back into the damaged restaurant. 

Murong Qin'er and Song Liu Wei seemed to have disappeared for a while already. No one knew when they left. It was the same for the short appearance third female lead, Roulan.

The streets finally got a little quieter.