Fall 2019 Prompt- Herbert West

Request: Could I request a Herbert West x Reader with the fall sentence prompt: "Come on, get in the spirit. It's carnival season."

Warnings! None, Fluff, cuteness

Being in a relationship with a mad scientist is one thing, but being with someone whose as passionate in said mad science like your boyfriend tends to be more stressful when it comes to dates. For the last few dates, it all ended with the same results, Herbert either forgetting about the date or him being hours late. Although you understood that Herbert was so close to finding a cure from death that he could taste it, you still couldn't help the fact that you wanted to spend time with Herbert.

Walking inside of the attic to where Herbert's lab was, you were met with the familiar smell of decay and the focused look of your boyfriend. "Herbert dear, you've been cooped up in this basement for almost two weeks now. Let's go and get some fresh air." You hands softly rubbed the tense muscles of his shoulders. "There's a carnival going on and I would love for us to enjoy a night together without worrying about science." You mentioned casually as he stopped what he was doing.

"(Y/N) darling, I really am so close to finding the cure." Herbert starts as your hands moved down his arms soothingly. "Herbert, science can wait. Come on, get in the spirit. It's carnival season. Let loose and spend time with me please? Everyone needs a break, including handsome scientists like yourself." He turns to face your form as he sighed, knowing that it's only a loosing battle when it comes to you. "Alright, since you made some good arguments, I could take the rest of the night off." Herbert rubbed the bridge of his nose as you pecked his cheeks excitedly, leaving the lab to get dressed.