Hiraeth| Jesse Cromeans

Requested by an anonymous user on tumblr

Warnings: Major Angst, slight mention to gun violence, gore, death of the reader

Jesse Cromeans x gender Neutral reader

Feelings of guilt, pain, and rage filled Jesse's body as he stood in front of you; blood dripping down his knives- onto the cold concrete floor. It was his fault that you were dying because of Preston, he should've been there sooner.

Jesse didn't have to worry about Preston anymore, he's dead now. He put his knife away, darting towards your weakened form protectively. Jesse swiftly scooped your body in his arms, holding your dying body close to his larger form.

The once euphoric crimson liquid was now tainted with beautifully tragic grief as Jesse hopelessly tries to stop the blood from pouring out. Jesse tried to keep his composure around you, not wanting the last thing you saw to be of him as the monster as he knew he was- but the charming man that you were hopelessly in love with and vice versa.

Seeing the familiar crimson colored liquid leak through the fabric of your shirt filled Jesse Cromeans with dread and angst as he knew that it was about too late to call for medical attention. The helplessness that Jesse felt when he saw your once vibrant, lively form now fading into death's cold arms.

You were losing a lot of blood as Jesse held your frail frame in his arms, wetting some parts of his black suit with your blood. Jesse was smart enough to know that these will be your last moments alive. His mask shined softly against the dimmed yellow light as he looked to your face, memorizing the small details that he adored ever since he saw you.

Looking up to your bigger boyfriend, your eyes lost almost all of the light you once had as you weakly tried to push Jesse's mask up. He took the hint and quickly unmasked himself for you. Although you were at death's door, you still had the same look of love inside your eyes as the very first time you saw Jesse.

"I- I love you.." you weakly coughed out as he held you closer to him as he used his hand to sign 'I love you too.' In response as your eyes fluttered shut and your body went limp after Jesse signed his final words to you with tears flowing down his face, finally giving into his emotions.

After what felt like hours of him holding your smaller body, Jesse mustered the courage to get up off the ground. Carrying your corpse, Jesse walked out the door, stomping what's left of Preston's skull with his shoe- clad foot as his way to avenge your death.

Spann quickly got up once Jesse entered. The silent tension thickened as her eyes moved towards your bloodied corpse, deciding it was best to leave him alone out of respect that she has for both him and you. Jesse walked passed the smaller woman quietly, taking your body with him.

Although Jesse had all the money that he could ever spend and the respect because of his reputation, he lost the second chance he had with the love of his life. He lost you. That's the one thing that money and reputation can't bring back.