(Y/N)'s Next

Scary Stories to tell in the Dark

Request: If you’re still taking Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark imagines, could I request one where the reader is Tommy’s sister who he kinda pushes around but is secretly friends with Chuck and his friends. Maybe you could write about them watching as her name is written and they try to save her?  You could use a story from the books like “One Sunday Morning”?

Chuck x reader (kinda??)

Warnings: mentions of Tommy being a dick, slight death of a minor character, zombies.

I'm so sorry for the lateness of this. Writing this story was a long process because everytime I get close to finishing this, it ends up getting deleted or not being saved.

---------

You hated being known as "Tommy, the racist asshole's little sister". Spending as much time trying to be a decent human being as Tommy was being a jerk was tiring to say the least.

People would think that Tommy would be nice to his own younger sister but they were wrong, he pushes you around; making you do his homework and do his chores while he booze it up.

To pile on the stress from your older brother, you recently lost your close friend, Lucy from a car accident. She was your rock through all of your older brother's abuse and how people assumed that you were just like him- a bully.

"Shit." You cursed to yourself as you quickly jumped out of your bed. 'Mour mother always nagged you about you running late to Sunday church to the point you decided to try harder with your punctuality for your mother's sake.

Quickly, you put on your (f/c) sundress with your matching coat. The sun wasn't out yet which wasn't all that suspicious given the fact that its been that way during this time of year. As you finished brushing your hair and teeth, you quickly applied a thin coat of lip gloss on your lips. You grabbed your wallet and house keys and darted out of the house.

Stella and Chuck sat on her bedroom floor when they saw the title of the next story, 'One Sunday Morning'. "(Y/N) is next. We need to go find her before it's too late." Chuck and Stella rushed out of the house.

"Where is (y/n) going to be? Theres at least 5 churches around here." Stella breathed out as she gripped on the book for dear life.

"(Y/n)'s family always goes to the church nearby the cemetery. Its about a few blocks away." Chuck responded, trying to hold on to the facade of being calm and collected while he's worried for you as he continues towards the location of the church.

You walked down the old gravel path, the delicate crunching sounds of your feet hitting the ground soothed the eerie feeling you had as the dead silence of the woods made your hearing hyper sensitive.

Opening the moss covered metal gate to the cemetery, the feeling of fear and dread grew as the putrid smell of decay and rotting flesh filled the air. 'What poor animal has died nearby?' You grimace softly as you used the sleeve of your jacket to cover your nose.

Thick layers of fog coated the cemetery  as you walked closer towards the church. You felt your heart beating as if it was fixing to explode as you sneaked closer towards the church window. The rotting flesh smell got worse, the closer you get to the church.

Just as you were fixing to take a look inside of the window, you felt the familiar warmth of Chuck's hands pulling you away from the window. The moon illuminated the two of you as you looked into each other's eyes.

"It's cute and all that yall want to be loving but we need to leave.. now." Stella snapped both of you out of it just in time for the church filled of zombies looked towards the window at the three of you.

"Shit." The trio of you whispered shout collectively as you started running. Chuck held your hand as the sounds of the church goers followed behind. The moans of "You don't belong here" and "get out" lingered in the air as you three kept on running towards the cemetery gate.

Once they got to the gate, it wouldn't open so as a last ditch effort, the three of you climbed over the fence. You were the last to escape as you jumped down to the gravel ground.

Chuck walked towards you, his arms sliding around you as he asked if you were okay. "I'm alright. Thank you so much for saving me back there." You panted, trying to catch your breath.

"Ramon is five minutes away with his car." Stella said as she exited the nearby phone booth. "Okay." The two of you responded back.

You softly leaned close to Chuck, softly pressing your lips to his cheek softly, leaving a faint tinted pink lip gloss print. "Once again, thanks." You smiled softly at the now bashful male. "N-no problem." Chuck stuttered as you started to talk to Stella.