PART 3: Back to Nian City

Start from the beginning

"Weiyang!" Li Yu Yan moved to block the horse when the Young Prime Minister moved the horse away from Li Yu Yan.

The Young Prime Minister Zhou showed a hint of emotion in his eyes, but no one could really see it. He would like to stay and pursue with Li Yu Yan but if he did, the future would change. He also couldn't mix his work with his emotions. He had done this before. As long as he gets to be with Li Yu Yan, he'll walk this path once more. 

'Everything will be the same,' he thought, but he knew deep inside of him that nothing was the same anymore. He noticed the change in Han Qin Xi on how she wasn't as weak as the one in the past, but that meant that he just hid it from her. He seen his mother's attitude change to the point where she would threaten him. Even the people around him has changed. He had thought that after reincarnating, things would be the same and could at least have an advantage of knowing the future. Now, he was a little unsure.

As soon as he looked into the crowds, he caught sight of someone -the person he was just thinking of. Something in him felt like he had been doing something unacceptable all this time as he met the hazel green eyes of that woman.

'Everything will be kept the same,' he tried to convince himself once again as he tried to pull hard away from the hazel green eyes of the woman who he tried to forget for the past four years. His actions are correct. He tried to convince himself more. He only loved Li Yu Yan. He's never paid attention to Han Qin Xi so she shouldn't even be in his eyes. 

He must be seeing things. Within this four year, he found out that Han Qin Xi had gone out of the city and was never seen again. While he went around the empire, Madam Zhou would always find a way to contact him and made sure he searches for her dear daughter in law but she was nowhere found. 

Apparently, Madam Zhou would not accept anyone else except for Han Qin Xi as her daughter in law. Just after his divorce with Han Qin Xi, his other two wives were kicked out right away. 

He remembered Madam Zhou's threatening words, "If I cannot have my daughter in law back, you will have no one!" If they were not Han Qin Xi, she would not let them walk through the Zhou residence's door. Even Li Yu Yan wasn't allowed. She was blacklisted on Madam Zhou's list of potential wives for the Young Prime Minister even though Madam Zhou's relationship with Madam Li was great. No matter how great, a daughter like that, she did not want. 

Well, even in his past life, his mother never really liked Li Yu Yan but was still able to bear with her for the sake of their children. He'll just have to work things out between his mother and Li Yu Yan.

The Young Prime Minister Zhou, in the end, stopped his horse that was trying to move away from Li Yu Yan. So many things were different, so much that he sometimes felt lost. Everything was the same first: going on the Five Year Empire Quest, meeting Li Yu Yan, and saving her. How did things become like this? Li Yu Yan even look like she was scheming sometimes when he was with her.

Li Yu Yan saw his horse stop and her face brightened. She finally got to him!

But her face darkened as fast as lightning when the Young Prime Minister Zhou suddenly glared at her. Her heart fell back a little. He wasn't glaring at her was he?

The Young Prime Minister Zhou was looking at Chu Feng's way, checking if that person was really Han Qin Xi. His eyes changed when a man pulled the hazel green eye woman away. At that time, he had turned to focus on Li Yu Yan, glaring at her until she stepped back a little. Realizing what he just did to Li Yu Yan, he looked away and pulled his horse around Li Yu Yan.

A guard came running over and pulled Li Yu Yan away from the path. 

The Young Prime Minister Zhou continued onto Calang City on his horse with lingering thoughts about the who he just saw and what he just did. His thoughts should be on finishing his work and trying to get Li Yu Yan back, but the moment he saw those hazel green eyes of that woman, his thoughts began to be filled with her. 

She is no one to him.

He tried to convince himself once more. 

Left behind, Li Yu Yan was filled with fury. How dare he leave?! Did he not love her anymore?! 

She had finally gotten rid of his clingy first wife by giving the Han Clan fifty thousand indigo crystals to shut their mouths about Han Qin Xi's whereabouts whenever the Young Prime Minister go over to ask about Han Qin Xi and plea to take her back. 

She even gave ten years worth of blue crystals to the Han Clan when the Zhou elders went to ask for Han Qin Xi back since Madam Zhou kept crying about how she didn't accept the divorce and demanded for her daughter in law back. She was the matriarch of the Zhou Clan so the elders agreed to it (it was also since they had a good impression of Han Qin Xi as a well behaved lady who knows filial piety).

Li Yu Yan had also personally 'took care' of the other two clingy wives of his, making sure they won't ever go back to her-to-be husband.

Why couldn't they just be together now? Why did Madam Zhou have to like that stupid woman more than her? Why did they have less and less time to spend together now? Why doesn't he pay attention to her more? Why? Why? Why?!

Earlier, Mingyu pulled Chu Feng and Mei Lien away from the crowd to the front of the line while everyone was distracted. If they had stay where they were, they would have to wait until night just to get into Nian City. 

Chu Feng still wanted to watch the show. It was like watching a movie in 3D, but sadly she couldn't stay there to watch the full thing. She had things to do.

"Your passes?" One of the stern looking guard asked. 

Chu Feng took out her pass which said "Death Valley", symbolizing that she was from there. 

The guards took it and examined it. They sighed. So another group of people from the Death Valley area. These people always cause trouble for them whenever they come.

The two guards handed her pass back and allowed them to go into Nian City. 

"Miss! We're finally back! Back to Nian City!" Mei Lien spoke trying to conceal her excitedness. It had been four years since they were away from this place and this was her hometown so she would miss it. 

On the other hand, Mingyu and Chu Feng had no particular ties with this place. They both weren't from here in the first place, especially herself.

Note: The currency in this universe are crystals. The colors of the crystals are the colors of the rainbow, with red having the least worth and violet having the most worth.

     ~Crystal worth (Least to Most): Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.

     ~A lot of things are usually referred to by their colors (for materialistic things). 

     ~Spirit Roots can have colors that are not listed above, like brown, black, and white.

***Chu Feng's eyes are hazel which sometimes I refer it to as green, since hazel eyes can shift from brown/gold to green.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thank You for your patience!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~