182

15x24

I wake up to my children's feet in my face and ribs.

Savannah: ow.

Jackson walks into the tent with a cup of coffee.

Jackson: good morning.

Savannah: why did I agree to go camping with you?

Jackson: because you love me, and you promised me you would after you gave birth to the twins.

Savannah: ugh! I hate when you use my words against me.

Jackson: I love you too, babe.

Jackson wraps his arms around me and kisses my neck.

Savannah: do you think mom is doing okay with Markus and Bella? Should we call her? Do you think they're okay? Maybe we should call them.

Jackson: babe, they're just fine. Mom has Jayden's help. They're alright. Don't worry about them, baby.

Savannah: I know. But, they're my babies. As their mother, I get to worry about them.

Jackson: I know, babe. But they're in good hands with mom and your brother. We trust them, right?

Savannah: of course, we do. I trust mom and and Jayden with my life and my children.

Jackson: then there's nothing to worry about, my love. Look, here's the plan for today. We are going to go on a hike by the waterfall. There's a really great spot I want to show you and the kids. I found it a few years ago. You up for that?

Savannah: mhmm.

Then, I felt two little figures weaseling between Jackson and I. I smile when I see my son and daughter.

Savannah: hi, babies. Did you want to say hi?

Cathy snuggled into Jackson's chest while Shawn snuggled into mine.

Cathy: we love you, mommy and daddy.

Jackson: well, we love you too, princess.

Savannah: daddy is going to take us on a hike. Doesn't that sound fun?

Shawn: yay!

Savannah: wanna go wake up sissy?

Cathy: yeah!

Natalie: lucky for you, sissy is already up.

I look up and see Natalie sit down next to Jackson.

Jackson: we're going on a hike today, hon. You should get dressed.

Natalie: nice!

~~~~~

We're on the hiking trail. Natalie was holding Shawn's hand while I was Cathy's.

Savannah: babe. How much further? 'Cause you might have to carry someone soon.

Jackson: is that someone you?

Savannah: maybe. I haven't worked out like this since I started having kids.

Natalie: why did I agree to do this with you guys?

Jackson: because you love spending time with your awesome parents.

Natalie: whatever helps you sleep– oww!

I hear a stumble and I turn around to see Natalie and Cathy on the ground.

Cathy: mommy! Daddy! Oww!

I run towards the girls and I take care of Cathy while Jackson takes care of Natalie.