118

Jackson and I in the car driving to work. I'm sitting in the passenger texting Maggie.

Savannah: Maggie is trying to get Amelia and Meredith to talk.

Then, Amelia starts texting me.

Savannah: Amelia is now texting me to ignore Meredith, and Meredith is just straight up not talking.

Jackson: you gonna be okay with Blake? I mean, she starts today.

Savannah: I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. I mean, Derek was my best friend in the whole world. He was basically my brother. But, Meredith and Amelia get to be more upset than me. I mean, Derek was Meredith's husband, and Amelia was his sister.

Jackson: sweetie, you do get to be upset. You're allowed to be angry.

We make it to the hospital then throw our stuff in the lounge.

Jackson: okay, Jeremy and I have a consult with April. She brought a kid from Jordan with Ollier's disease.

Savannah: good luck. I love you.

Jackson: I love you too. And I love you, little one.

I chuckle as Jackson kisses my belly before he walks off to his consult while I run to the ER.

-later-

Jackson paged me, and the second I met with him, I see him with Ben, April, Jeremy and some other guy that I've never met.

Savannah: what's going on?

Jeremy: April lied about the tumors. She didn't tell us they were so advanced.

I look over at April.

Savannah: April! How could you lie like this?

Nathan: I'm sorry, but who are you?

Savannah: Dr. Savannah Avery-Collins. Head of trauma and co-head of neuro.

Nathan: Dr. Nathan Riggs, cardiothoracic surgeon.

April: okay, maybe I downplayed it a little.

Jackson: you downplayed it?!

Jeremy: this looks impossible!

Nathan: I don't understand. You sent him the scans, right? Didn't you see the scans?

Jeremy: she told me the scans were lost in Jordan.

April: I didn't want him to see the scans.

Jackson: what?

Savannah: April!

Nathan: Keps, what the hell?!

Jeremy: you lied!

April: if you had seen the scans, you might have said no, and I wanted you to meet that little boy. And he's here now. So how do we help him?

I sigh at April.

-later-

I decided to help out with Jackson and Jeremy's case, so I'm in the imaging room with everyone looking over the scans.

April: I didn't lie. I—

Nathan: you bent the truth a bit.

Jackson: until it broke.

April: it was a good lie.

Jeremy scoffs.

April: okay, it was a bad lie, but for a good reason. You know, you haven't been saying yes to anything recently– not when it comes from me.