155

14x08

I'm standing in the residents lounge with Alex listening to Jo's Chief Resident speech.

Wilson: I am your Chief Resident. What does that mean? It means that I am your chief. Your boss, your commander, your overlord, your queen. It means when I speak, you listen!  And when you make mistakes, it reflects on me. So no mistakes!

Wilson turns to Alex and I for approval.

Wilson: was it good? Was it scary?

Alex: very. Very scary.

Savannah: you're trying too hard, Wilson.

I steal Alex's breakfast burrito.

Alex: hey!

Savannah: shut up. I'm teaching.

Alex: I just had flashbacks to fifth year.

Savannah: I said shh! Wilson, you have tough but not harsh. Make subtle little threats and show your authority when necessary. That's how you earn respect as Chief Resident.

Wilson: right. You were Chief Resident.

Savannah: sure was. And I had to go down for the mistakes made by Dr. Grey, Dr. Yang, Dr. Kepner, my husband, and even your boyfriend, along with many other residents. I had to call them out on their mistakes and deal with their constant begging and sometimes bribing for surgeries.

Alex: come on. We weren't that bad.

Savannah: really? First day of fifth year, Meredith gets fired, Cristina almost kills you for getting Meredith fired, and I had every surgeon at each other's throats. You're lucky I didn't strangle you all with my bare hands. Listen, Wilson, you just have to be firm. Don't back down, but be approachable. Don't give in to every resident begging for surgeries. You need to help the Attendings, not the residents. Residency is literal hell. Don't make it easy for them.

-later-

As I'm making my way down to the ER, I see Wilson with all the interns.

Savannah: alright, Wilson. I'm heading to the ER.

All the interns shoot their hands in the air and begging.

Savannah: y'all are cute. Bello, Collins. Come with me. You will work with Dr. Hunt and I in the ER.

Bello and Natalie follow behind me as we walk towards the ER.

-later-

I'm in the ER talking to a patient who is a little hard of hearing.

Savannah: okay, ma'am!

I walk towards the nurses desk while talking with my ER nurse.

Savannah: I swear that poor lady didn't hear a word I said. Bolts her with 250 of NS?

Nurse: on it.

I walk over to Owen who was updating a chart.

Savannah: a little birdie told me about you and Carina DeLuca. That was fast.

Owen: I am newly single, Avery. It's just fun.

Savannah: I don't blame you. I mean, she's hot. Italians are incredibly sexy.

Just then, I hear a flatline.

Owen: she's coding!

Savannah: crash cart!

Owen: come on! Charge to 200!

I was ready to defibrilate, but all the monitors start flatlining.

Bello: why is everybody dying?!