113

11x21

I'm in surgery with Amelia and Bailey while on the phone with Derek.

Savannah: you're never going to make your flight, broski.

Derek: I'll make it.

Bailey: no, you won't. You're gonna miss your flight.

Derek: who's that? Bailey? I'm not gonna miss my flight.

Savannah: brother, there was a huge accident on the 5. All the lanes are closed. The traffic is insane.

Derek: I'm very concerned that you make it sound like a good thing.

Savannah: we have a guy from the accident on our table as we speak. Bailey and I are seeing up all the holes in his gut. We are repairing the un-repairable. I am out of control amazing.

Bailey: no, I am out of control amazing. You are a guest in my guts. Hush.

We all share a laugh.

Amy: the point is you might as well turn around now 'cause you'll miss your flight.

Derek: I'm not gonna miss my flight. I have a secret shortcut.

Everyone: there are no secret shortcuts to the airport.

Derek: that you know about.

Savannah: come on, Der-bear, Amy is doing a spondyloisthesis today. I'm saying that if you don't turn back now, you'll miss out on fighting me for—

We hear static on the line.

Savannah: Derek? Der, you still there? We can't hear you. Derek? Derek.

The phone goes out.

Savannah: lost him.

We continue on with surgery.

11x22

I'm sitting in my old office going over some charts, and I see Jackson walk in.

Savannah: oh, hey, sweetie. What's up?

I notice a sad expression on Jackson's face, causing me to tense up.

Savannah: is everything okay, love?

Jackson: Savannah...

I start getting scared by the tone of his voice.

Savannah: I don't like that tone, Jackson. And I don't like that look. I-I've seen that look. Please don't tell me...

Jackson lets out a deep breath.

Jackson: Sav, Meredith just told me that... Derek is gone.

My face goes blank.

Savannah: no. No. Jackson, t-that's not true. That's not possible.

I take one look at Jackson to indicate any sign of messing with me. I got nothing.

Savannah: no. No, no, no, no. This isn't possible. I-I was just on the phone with him! He was on his way to the airport!