161

14x17

Jackson: hey. We should talk.

Savannah: nope. I don't think we do.

Jackson: yes, we do. Because we're not okay right now, Savannah. We're not talking and that's not us. We talk things out.

Savannah: I-I know, but I can't do this right now.

I try walking into the bedroom, but Jackson blocks my way.

Jackson: Savannah, something is eating at you and it's hurting you, and I hate seeing you like this. I want to help you. Let me help you, baby.

Savannah: Jackson, I don't want to do this right now.

Jackson: Savannah, I'm right here. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere.

Savannah: NO! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT! DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT!

Jackson lets out a sigh.

Jackson: baby, is that what this is about? Sav, I'm telling you that I'm not—

Savannah: no! You can't promise me that you're not going anywhere or promise you won't leave! My parents did that and they threw me out onto the streets! Shawn did that and he died before he could apologize for letting them manipulate him! Mark did that, and he died! Derek did that, and he died! Every person that has ever made that promise to me is gone! So don't you dare tell me—

I was interrupted when I hear Shawn crying from his room.

Savannah: I'll get him.

I walk into Shawn's bedroom and pick up my son in my arms.

Savannah: hello, my handsome little man. Hi. Oh, I've missed you. Yes, I've missed you so, so much.

I kiss my son on the head as I walk back into the living room.

Jackson: I wasn't lying when I said we missed having you at home. Why didn't you come home?

Savannah: I don't know. I guess, maybe... mom was right. I was pissed with Maggie, and I was mad at you even though I shouldn't be. I guess I was scared that you were falling in love with Maggie and the only reason you pushed her away from the kiss was because I was there.

Jackson stands in front of me and cups my face in his hands.

Jackson: I pushed her away because she's not my wife. I pushed her away because I don't want anyone else but the beautiful woman I married. You are the love of my life. You are my soulmate. You are my person forever and always. I meant it when I said that there is nothing I take more seriously than our marriage. When I said I do, I meant it. You have me, for the rest of my life. I love you more than life itself, and I am not going anywhere. I know that phrase scares you, but I truly mean it with all my heart. Nothing in this world could ever stop me from loving you and only you.

I nod my head.

Savannah: okay. I hear you, and I—

Jackson: that's not enough. I need you to believe me.

Savannah: I... I-I believe you.

Jackson: say that and mean it.

I let out a small sniffle as Jackson pulls me into a hug.

Jackson: I'm here, darling. I'm right here. I love you.

I stay silent as I snuggle into Jackson's chest.

14x18

I was about to get off the elevator when I felt Jackson pull me into his chest.