Fifty

I walk into the skills lab, and I see Jackson talking to Mark.

Jackson: if we see my mother...

Mark: we're buried with work today.

Jackson: and... you're sorry, but Jackson has no time to spend with her, okay?

I walk over to Jackson and whack him on the arm.

Jackson: oww! What was that for?

Savannah: for not telling me mom is in town. Does she even—

I get interrupted when mom walks in. And behind her, I noticed a young woman following.

Mom: there you are.

Mark: Dr. Avery.

Mom: oh, Dr. Sloan. How nice to see you again. Now move outta my way so I can hug my daughter.

I smile as mom pulls me into a big hug and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

Savannah: hi, mom.

Savannah: look at you, baby. You look exhausted. Are you sleeping?

Savannah: yes, mom. I am. Studying is just kicking my ass. Now, here's your son.

I tug Jackson towards mom and she gives him a hug.

Mom: you look skinny. Tell me you did not forget your tux.

Mark: tux?

Savannah: Jackson, Catherine and I are going to the Frontiers of Medicine benefit tonight.

Mom: you have your dress, right, dear?

Savannah: yes, mom.

Mom: oh, this is Dr. Mara Keaton. Mara is my star urology fellow. Mara, my son Jackson.

Jackson: hi.

Mom: Dr. Mark Sloan. And my beautiful daughter, Dr. Savannah Collins.

I politely smile at Dr. Keaton as I shake hands with her.

Mara: it's a pleasure to meet you. I've heard many great things about you.

Damn it. She's pretty and British. I'm screwed.

Savannah: nice to meet you.

Mom: Mara's considering Seattle Grace as an option for next year, and I thought, well, who better to show her around than my son? Dr. Sloan, can you spare him for just a couple hours?

Mark: absolutely. Show her around. Take your time.

I look at Mark in shock. What the hell is he doing?

Savannah: uh, Mark, you're buried in work today. You need Jackson's help.

Mark: Kepner can cover for you.

Mom: perfect. Oh, and Savannah, why don't you go with them? As Chief Resident, you know everything.

Savannah: uh... I-I was supposed to be operating with Dr. Shepherd today.

Mark: Grey will cover for you.

I glare at Mark then I let out a deep breath and smile.

Savannah: okay.

Jackson: perfect. Let's go.

I knew right then and there that mom was trying to set Jackson up with Dr. Keaton, and he hasn't told her that we are together.

Savannah: we're right behind you, Dr. Keaton.

Dr. Keaton walks in front of us and we follow behind her. Once mom was out of my line of sight, I whack Jackson on the arm as hard as I could.