Sixty Nine

I walk into the lounge with Jeremy and Jackson, and I see Cristina hanging out. I plop onto the couch as I watch Jackson change while Alex was going on about Wilson.

Alex: for the millionth time, Jo and I are not into each other.

Meredith enters the room and sits down next to me. I place my head on her shoulder as I continue to watch Jackson.

Cristina: oh, please. You and Ponytail-McGee were canines in heat last night. Literally.

Meredith: told you they were doing it, Avery. Pay up.

Savannah: yeah, you owe me and Mer $20.

Cristina: you two are, like, one drink away from crazy monkey sex. Just stuff her turkey. You'll feel better.

Alex: I feel fine. Look, I'm not screwing my ex every night and I'm not taking advantage of interns on someone else's couch. You're gonna pay to have that thing disinfected.

I chuckle as Alex glares at Jeremy. Since he and April broke things off, he started seeing Stephanie Edwards, which is kind of nice.

Jeremy: I'm not taking advantage. It's a really nice couch, though.

I chuckle at Jeremy as I see April enter the room.

Savannah: hey, Apes. You good, sweetness?

April: hey, here's a question. Um, what ever happened to good old-fashioned romance? No stuffing of turkeys or disinfecting sofas, but, you know, what about nice normal dates where people talk, share a meal, get to know each other, and then wind up together not because they're monkeys, but because they have genuine feelings in a committed way. I mean, what is so wrong with that, huh?

I was trying so hard to listen to April, but I couldn't stop staring at the burritos in her hand.

Savannah: April, honey, are you gonna eat all that?

April scoffs and walks out of the room. Alex walks over to me and hands me a breakfast sandwich and hot chocolate.

Alex: loaded breakfast sandwich– extra bacon– crispy, hash brown, egg, extra cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo and pepper.

I smile as Alex kisses my forehead.

Savannah: I could kiss you, Karev.

Jackson: please, don't.

I chuckle at Jackson. I walk out of the lounge with him and Jeremy then I start rounding on my neuro patients.

-later-

I'm standing with Mer and Cristina as Alex and Jackson walk up with their interns.

Meredith: every time I touch this thing, it deletes another patient.

Cristina: it deletes a patient?

Jackson wraps his arm around me and kisses my cheek.

Wilson: I did the exact same thing this morning. Here. Let me see...

Wilson takes the tablet and does her thing.

Meredith: who are your stalkers?

I look over at the photographers.

Alex: oh, uh, the new guys are looking for a hospital show pony– a face for the brochure.

Jackson: yeah, Karev's my competition.

Edwards: mm. If you can call it that.

Savannah: you can't, though.

Alex: bite me, Sav.