Thirty Three

Natalie and I walk into Meredith and Derek's house and we find April walking by.

Savannah: hey, Apes.

Natalie: hey, aunt April.

April: hey, guys. What's up?

Natalie: our washing machine broke down. Again! And I need clean clothes.

Savannah: I was gonna do a quick load before work.

April placed her hand on my shoulder.

April: I wouldn't go in there. Lexie and Jackson are at it. Again.

I let out a very bitter scoff.

Savannah: seriously? God, I get that it's a new relationship and everything, but it's exhausting how much they do it.

Natalie: mom, calm down. Your face is about to turn red.

I throw my dirty clothes hamper on the ground.

Savannah: Nat, start our loads after those two sex monkeys are finished. I'm going to work.

April: aren't you and Jackson supposed to be riding to work together?

Savannah: not anymore. Tell him he should've thought about having sex with Lexie before I got here. I'll see you later, Nat.

I kiss Natalie on the cheek then I walk towards the door, but Natalie meets me on the porch.

Natalie: mom, are you okay? You've been acting weird since the night you told me Jackson was gonna ask Lexie out.

Savannah: I'm fine.

Natalie: are you sure? Are there any... feelings for Jackson that you wanna tell me about?

Savannah: Natalie, you need to give it up. I don't have feelings for Jackson. We're best friends. I'm going to be late for work, so I'll see you later.

I kiss Natalie on the cheek then drive to work. When I get there, Mark finds me.

Mark: there you are!

Savannah: hey. What's up?

Mark: you're coming to Callie's baby shower this afternoon, right?

Savannah: of course I am! What kind of auntie would I be if I wasn't there?

Mark: good. Don't forget. 1:00pm in the 4th floor doctors lounge.

Savannah: I'm there.

Mark runs off and I do some charts.

-later-

I walk up to Owen and Teddy at the nurses desk, and I notice April, Cristina, Jackson and Alex standing outside the bathroom.

Savannah: what's that all about?

Owen: his trial funding came through this morning, and they all want on it.

Bailey turns to me.

Bailey: and why aren't you hovering over there?

Savannah: because I'm a badass surgeon who doesn't need a clinical trial. I have other things to worry about than a clinical trial.

Teddy: door's opening.

All the residents start talking on top of each other as the Chief walks out, and I couldn't help but laugh at their idiocy.

Webber: quiet! Quiet! I haven't made my decision yet. But right now, Collins is looking like a pretty good choice right now, because she's actually doing her job! Now, get out of my way.