Seventy Three

I'm in the lobby with Jackson, and I'm watching Jackson talk to my baby bump, which was so adorable. I see Derek and Meredith approaching us and I smile at them.

Webber: I love the new logo. It really catches the eye. And, uh, these coffee sleeves– excellent thermal retention.

Derek: what's up with the sheet?

Jackson and I look behind us at the sheet on the wall.

Jackson: I thought you guys put it there for some kind of unveiling.

Meredith: no.

Webber: well, somebody should say a few words, right? I mean, it's unlucky not to.

Arizona: hey, why are you guys staring at the wall?

We turn around to face Callie and Arizona.

Cristina: oh, we're watching for the... big unveiling.

Callie: well, you should be staring at my wife.

We all look at Arizona.

Meredith: new haircut?

Callie: no. It's her leg. She's wearing high heels. Because she has a sexy high-heel leg that makes her ass go pow.

I look down at Arizona and smirk.

Cristina: ooh. Wow. Wow.

Meredith: hey.

Derek: woah. Okay.

Savannah: nice.

Cristina: baby got back.

Callie: mhmm. Come on, guys. You can comment too. You have permission. It's the one time in your life you can say it... and, uh, not be gross.

I look over at Jackson who didn't look near Arizona.

Webber: well, I think it's a fine gluteal—

Arizona: oh, no. Yeah. Let's just do the unveiling.

Jackson: um, guys, I think the painters actually just left that there.

Jackson yanks the sheet off to reveal the logo.

Jackson: let's get back to work. End of speech.

Jackson wraps his arm around my waist as we make our way to the ER.

Savannah: you could've looked, J. Even I looked.

Jackson: your ass is better.

I chuckle at Jackson.

Savannah: you're real classy, Avery.

Jackson: you know you love me.

Savannah: I guess so. Okay, I need to go to meet Owen to show the new ER to the interns! And we get to use our new x-ray!

Jackson: you excited to show off your new ER toy?

I rapidly nod my head.

Savannah: I got my baby back!

Jackson: I'm worried that you're more in love with your ER than me.

Savannah: I thought that was already established. Okay, gotta go. Byeeee!

I kiss Jackson then run off.

Jackson: not fair!

I giggle as I run off to the ER. I stand next to Owen during the tour with a giant dorky smile on my face the whole time.

Owen: and get to know the new electronic board. It automatically updates the location of your patients and any labs that have been ordered.

Savannah: and we now have workstations at every bed, which are fully integrated with the new charting system. And the beds are now numbered differently, so just pay attention.