Eighty Three

I'm standing next to Natalie at Cristina's big press conference. Her big surgery on the conduit baby was a huge success, causing the public to go wild and it got her this big press conference.

Natalie: this is awesome.

Savannah: I know right?

Owen: Dr. Cristina Yang.

Natalie and I clap for Cristina.

Cristina: thank you, Dr. Hunt. The, uh... the procedure i-is so relatively untried that the associated risks are un-unusually high. Still, that shouldn't be a reason not to try.

Cristina closes her file then Owen whispers something to her before she continues.

Cristina: fortunately, the patient is responding very well for now. His vitals remain stable, and it is our hope that this will continue. And if it does, I am cautiously optimistic that we can call this procedure a success—

Cristina was cut off when Ross takes the mic, causing feedback.

Ross: home run is a better word. Dr. Yang hit a home run. Thanks to her, baby Nathan is thriving this morning.

Everyone starts cheering for Cristina, and I slip out of the room with Natalie.

Natalie: that was awesome.

I see Meredith appear next to me.

Meredith: hey.

Savannah: hey. You doing okay?

Meredith: it's whatever. So, you excited for the wedding?

Savannah: very. But I think this one is more excited than I am.

Natalie: I've been waiting for this day since I was six years old. I get to be excited.

I chuckle at Natalie.

Savannah: come on, baby. We have to meet up with April. See you at the church, Mer.

Natalie and I start walking towards the elevators, only to be met by April storming out with her hair in curlers.

Savannah: hey—

April: please tell me you and Nat were coming to meet me.

Savannah: yes—

April grabs my hand and Natalie's then starts dragging us. We end up bumping into Jackson and Jeremy.

Jackson: woah.

Jeremy: you look...

April: no. Nope. Don't say I look nice.

Jeremy: like a train wreck. But I can see where it's going. What are you doing here?

Jackson: yeah, and why are you dragging my fiancé and daughter around?

April: I'm hunting bridesmaids.

Savannah: we were on our way to meet her, and I end up getting dragged.

Natalie: same.

Jackson: is that a farm tradition?

April glares at my fiancé.

April: you sure you wanna marry this guy?

Jackson: hey!

I chuckle at my best friend and fiancé as April turns to Jeremy.

April: are you gonna be there? I totally understand if you're not. I just—

Jeremy; do you want me to be there?

April: yes! Of course.

Jeremy: then I'll be there.