177

We made it to the hospital, and I'm going through my contractions.

Savannah: I swear to God, if you don't get these babies out of me, I'll kill you, Jackson Avery!

Natalie: okay, mama, it's okay.

Savannah: shut up, Natalie!

I groan as Colby walks into the room.

Dr. Colby: there's my favourite baby momma. How're we doing?

Natalie: she's letting her anger out on us, so we're doing great.

Jackson: how quickly can we get started? I'd like to see my babies before my wife kills me.

Colby chuckles at Jackson.

Dr. Colby: it won't take long. So, what's our birthing plan here?

Savannah: c-section. And I'd like to do it as soon as possible. I need to keep my babies and myself alive. If y'all remember, my last couple of pregnancies haven't been the smoothest, so I'd like this one to be better.

Dr. Colby: sadly, the OR won't be available for another hour or so. But don't worry, you have been made first priority. Ginger and Kayla have made sure.

Ginger: damn straight.

Kayla: my favourite person deserves to be first priority. I'm not letting her go through another scary birth.

I chuckle at my favourite nurses.

Kayla: and besides, the only thing that will stop you from getting into that OR is a major trauma.

I let out a groan as I look at Kayla.

Savannah: damn it, Kayla! You really shouldn't have said that. Watch, a building is going to burst into flames and all the victims will come here. ORs are going to fill up for hours.

Jackson: I think you're being a little overdramatic, sweetie.

I look up and glare at my husband.

Savannah: I'm about to give birth to twins here. You call me dramatic again, and I swear to God, I'm going to take a scalpel and shove up your—

Dr. Colby: would you like an epidural?

Jackson: yes, please.

I whack my husband over the head.

Natalie: he meant for mom, you dimwit. I think we should give her one.

Savannah: I'd very much like one, thank you.

3rd Person POV:

Multiple traumas were coming, and the staff was getting prepared.

Teddy: alright, we have multiple incoming traumas. Let's clear the OR board. And can someone page Avery-Collins? She should be here.

Meredith comes around as she puts on some gloves.

Meredith: oh, Jackson and Sav are here. Savvy's in labor.

All the Attendings turn to Meredith.

Everyone: what?!

Carina: si. Dr. Colby is up there with them now.

Owen: she's supposed to have a c-section. With all these traumas, it'll take forever until that happens.

Bailey: someone should go check on them.

Owen: I can go.

The Attendings all chuckle at Owen.

Meredith: good luck with that.