150

14x01

I had my head on Jackson's shoulder as Bailey gets the staff's attention.

Bailey: okay. Um, alright, everyone! Listen up, please! Uh, first, I want to thank you all for keeping your heads during the events of last night. Thanks to you, there were very minimal injuries, and the firefighters were able to contain the blaze quickly. There was some damage, however, that will need to be repaired. Uh, the neuro ICU, the cath lab, and pulmonary clinic...

Jackson wraps his arm around my waist while I snuggle into his chest as Bailey continues.

Bailey: so until further notice, ORs 3 through 6 are nonfunctional.

I notice that Owen and Amelia were back from getting Owen's sister. I smile at Owen before turning my focus back on Bailey.

Bailey: to recap, we are to avoid ORS 3 through 6 and the entire neuro wing, as they are unstable.

Suddenly, the ceiling above the nurses station collapses.

Savannah: uh, also avoid fourth floor nurses station until further notice.

-later-

I went with Mer and Maggie to check on Amy.

Maggie: hey. You're working?

Amy: yeah, I'm gonna work.

Meredith: how's Megan?

Amy: uh, she's alive. And– well, not quite well, but she's funny and sharp and very much alive, which is, you know, energizing. I mean, this miracle happened and it makes me aware that I have the ability to make that miracle happen for someone else's family, so... yeah. I'm gonna work.

Maggie: you don't think you should be with Owen today?

Amy: you know what– I'm super good in a crisis, but the crisis is over.

I watch Amy leave the lounge.

Savannah: take it easy on her, guys. I've got this.

I run out and follow Amy.

Savannah: hey. I know you miss Derek. Believe me, I'm in the same boat with my brother Shawn. It's okay if you want to be with Owen and his sister, but I also understand that you would want to work instead. I know it's painful to see Owen with his sister when you wish you could have Derek back. Believe me, I would give anything to have Shawn back in my life. I'm here to talk if you need someone, Amy.

Amy: thanks. You're a good friend, Sav.

Savannah: I try.

-later-

I'm going compressions as Ben pushes the gurney into the ER.

Ben: coming through!

Webber: what do you got?

Ben: pedestrian versus SUV. Multiple open fractures. Arrested en route.

Savannah: lets get set up for an ED thoracotomy.

Webber: mind if we observe?

Savannah: as long as you stay out of my way! Chest tray, size 6 1/2 gloves. Ready? On my count. One, two, three. Glove me. Betadine on his chest. Someone take over bagging.

As I cut into the patient's chest, blood squirts out, causing one med student to faint and the other to start screaming.

Savannah: Dr. Webber?

Webber: okay, look, everybody out! Let's go!

-time skip-

I walk into Megan Hunt's room as I hear Megan talking to Owen.