93. Part of the journey is the end

A few months go by and Rosa gets much better at navigating and fighting without her sight. She is able to go back to school and is doing much better than she was. She is also dating Kyle, and Nyle is spending his life in prison.

Enchao is getting very good at inventing even at his young age and he is also very well balanced with worth. He begins working with Tony in the workshop as an apprentice.

Angel continues to train in and out of the spirit realm. She builds up her strength and easily makes it to the top of her class on Asgard and Midgard alike. Eclipse stays with angel doing her job as Angels spirit guide well and keeping Angel from getting into too much trouble.

Aka and Loki find peace in the family they built. Between the kids, the avengers, and the close friends they've made, they know that they will always be safe and loved. They even begin to learn to love themselves. They finally forgive themselves and learn to think of themselves as the heroes they are, rather that the monsters they thought they were.

The avengers carry on, happy with their family and willing to do anything to protect each other. Sure, they still have their disagreements but they always figure it out in the end. This group of heroes is stronger than ever and nothing could ever keep them apart.

~Final scene~

Aka sits on a blanket in the grass watching the kids play. Rosa throws a frisbee and as enchao in wolf form runs to get it Nova shifts to wolf and tackles him playfully. Worth comes out and he and Nova roll around in the grass playing and wrestling with each other.

"Mom! Dad! Look what I can do!"

Aka looks up to see Angel fly up and do a backflip in the air. Aka smiles and claps in applause.

"Wow!"

The rest of the avengers walk over carrying blankets and baskets of food, led by Loki who has two picnic baskets in his hands.

Angel flys down towards him and he drops the baskets into a pocket dimension and catches her. He lifts her up in the air and spins her around with a smile.

"Good job little angel! You're gonna be the best Valkyrie ever!"

"Daaaaad~ I'm not that little anymore! I'm 8 years old now!"

She holds her fingers up to show him. He laughs.

"Alright darling, mybad"

He chuckles and sets her down, she runs off to play with the others and eclipse is close behind her.

Loki pulls the baskets out of his pocket dimension and sets it down by the blanket as the others arrive with everything else. It takes a lot of food to feed the avengers and the Asgardians. It's a good thing Tony is a billionaire because this type of feast would put most people bankrupt and in debt.

Loki comes over to Aka and she stands to meet him. They share a kiss and Tony teases from behind them.

"Get a room already!"

Aka laughs and holds up her middle finger to him.

As everyone sets down the supplies Aka waves her hands in the air and sparkles of gold magic shimmer around setting the whole picnic feast up for everyone. Loki snaps and with a shimmer of green magic he decorates the picnic.

Tony gapes at the two of them.

"If you could've done that the whole time why did we drag all this stuff out here? Couldn't you two just magic it here?"

Loki and Aka smile mischievously and fist bump. Loki speaks first,

"We could have"

Aka finishes

"But we had to let you put at least a little effort in"

Tony is unamused and sticks his tongue out at them while the others laugh.

Aka looks out and sees Shuri and Peter playing with the kids and smiles, she calls to them.

"Kids! Lunch is ready!"

The group of them come barreling over in a playful giggling stampede.

Lunch is a lot of fun and it's great to have everyone together. Even Odin and Frigga show up, the guardians of the galaxy too, though Frigga does get tackled by the puppies the second she arrives.

After lunch Rosa pulls out a water gun and shoots her dad.

"Oh you're gonna get it now"

Soon everyone is running around shooting each other with water guns and at one point Nat grabs a hose.

It is really a sight to behold as all these powerful heroes run around squealing and playing like children.

They all end up deciding that the picnic is so much fun that they will make it an annual event. The annual avengers picnic.

They are all happy with their family and friends and a city protected. They find peace in the fact that no matter what happens, they will always have each other's backs, and really, who could ask for anything more?

~The End~

Final A/N: Hey everyone! Thank you so much for sticking around throughout this entire story, it's really been a journey. I am so thankful for every single one of you and I hope you'll check out some of my other stories.

If you really like this story don't loose hope, there will be a sequel soon so just keep an eye out for that, depending on when you're reading this, (scroll down)it may already be posted.

Also, I have a discord where I post updates and sneak peeks for the stories I write. It's also a great place for discussion of stories and marvel and whatever else. You are invited to the server, if you'd like to join here's a link:
https://discord.gg/X2ZV7dmrNF

I hope you've enjoyed this story and I hope to see you again soon. Bye!

...

~Teaser for the next book~

Aka tosses and turns in her sleep before she wakes up with a gasp to find that Loki is not next to her. She stands and walks around the tower.

"Loki?"

A chill runs down her spine as she searches the empty halls. Her heart drops when she sees that the kids rooms are empty.

"Jarvis?"

"Yes miss aka?"

"Where is everyone?"

"There is only one other person in the tower"

"Who is it?"

She turns and sees a silhouette in the dark. A deep voice reaches her ears.

"Your worst nightmare"