83. Mom

~Rosa pov~

You wake up in the middle of the night to a horrible pain in your chest. You cry out and sit up. Tears spring to your eyes and you're not sure how but somehow you know what this is. You know that your mother is dead and it's all your fault.

You hear the howling of two wolves in your ears but you don't know why or how.

"I'm sorry mom"

You roll over in bed and curl up tight with your blankets around you. You're the bad guy now.

~Enchao pov~

Enchao feels that something's wrong and gets up out of bed. He has a horrible pain in his chest. He goes through the halls to his parents room. Tears stream down his face.

He comes upon uncle Thor in the hallway leaving his parents room and weaves to go past him.

"Mommy?"

Before enchao can open the door Thor scoops him up.

"What do you need enchao?"

Enchao notices the tears brimming uncle Thor's eyes. Enchao just wants to be with his mom. He doesn't know why but he feels a sudden need for her.

"I need my mom"

Uncle Thor takes a deep breath and wipes his wet eyes.

"I'm sorry enchao, your mom isn't here. Is there anything I can do for you"

Enchao shakes his head and struggles to get down. Uncle Thor sets him down with a shaky sigh.

Enchao immediately goes for his parents room and uncle Thor isn't fast enough and stop him. Enchao opens the door and runs over to the bed.

"Mommy?"

He doesn't see his mother on the bed. He climbs up to see his father laying there.

"Dad? Where's mom?"

Dad rolls over and pulls enchao into an embrace and for the first time ever, he sees his father cry.

"I'm sorry my son, your mother is gone"

Enchao and Loki curl up together and soon angel joins them.

~Aka pov~

You open your eyes to a golden city with many warriors and pegasi and winged women. You look to see Aka beside you. A woman with long dirty blond hair and a large grey wolf beside her walks up to you.

Aka steps tentatively toward the wolf. You focus on the woman.

Something about her is familiar. She reminds you of a warm sunny day on the beach with friendly waves beckoning you to come play.

She reminds you of a gorgeous spring day running in the woods in wolf form. When everything is beginning to bloom and the different scents fill your nose as the wind ruffles your fur and knocks soft pink petals off the flowering trees.

You're not sure why but she feels warm. She feels safe. She feels like something you've been missing for a long time. You're drawn to her. So much so that you don't even think to object as she pulls you into a hug.

"My daughter, welcome to Valhalla"

You let out a sigh and hug her back

"Mom!"

Suddenly memories start flooding back to your brain. You remember Loki and the tower and your family there. You remember Rosa stabbing you. You remember telling Loki to be strong and feeling his final embrace.

However, you remember more than that. You remember everything, truly everything. For the first time you can remember everything from the time you were a puppy to now.