54. Verge

Tony turns his attention back to Rosa but before he can say anything Bucky cuts in.

"You took down an entire hydra base by yourself?!"

"maaaayyybe?"

Everyone looks at her with varying expressions.

"What? They hurt mom"

This time Tony speaks

"That doesn't mean you take on an entire base by yourself! You could've gotten hurt! Or worse!"

Pictures of what could've happened to Rose run through your head. Suddenly this is a lot more serious.

"I wasn't completely alone, I took my houndoom with me"

"And what would houndoom do if you got captured, I'm sure they'd love to get their hands on him too"

"They didn't even have a chance"

Rosa then looks up at Nat

"Hey, so bondage is cool and all but would you untie me"

Nat unties Rosa. You all stay there and talk for a while warning Rosa of what could have happened and telling her she had to bring help next time.

-

~Rosa's POV~

A couple days later you're on your way home from school when you see a puppy on the sidewalk.

It comes up to you and you pick it up

"Hey little guy"

You realize that the puppy is injured and heal him. He licks your face and you giggle. You look around for its mother or owner but you don't se any. Based on the injuries and how dirty it is you bet it's a slave.

You set him down newly healed and continue walking, he follows you all the way home. You bring him in the tower with you. Wanda is the first to notice.

"A puppy!"

She comes over.

"Aww"

You smile

"He followed me home, I think I'm gonna name him verge"

"Verge?"

"It means guardian"

Wanda nods.

"That's cool"

You go set your backpack down and do your homework, then you head out to the lounge with everyone. The puppy still stays right on your heels.

Grandpa Tony sees the puppy and points.

Tony: "Excuse me what is that"

You smile

You: "This is verge"