31. Wedding day

(Short chapter on account of the next one)

You are dragged out of bed first thing in the morning by Nat and Wanda who are extremely excited. You hop up and come with them to get ready. Frigga is already there waiting for you.

They help you with your makeup and hair and then Frigga pulls out a beautiful dress. It's somehow exactly how you wanted it to be. You gasp

"It's perfect"

Frigga smiles brightly

"It was made just for you"

You hug her

"Thank you so much"

"Of course darling"

You put on the dress and when you come out she helps you lace it up. Wanda and Nat are in their dresses. It's almost time.

As you stand at the doors in your dress with your hair done perfectly you start to fret. Tony comforts you.

"Don't worry kiddo, you're perfect"

The doors swing open and you see the galaxy haired girl dancing down the isle throwing petals in the air. Rosa. You just ignore her.

You and Tony hook arms and he walks you down the isle. You make eye contact with Loki and notice that his eyes are brimmed with tears.

You make it up to him and hold eye contact with him. You see tears brimming his eyes. Muffin weaves herself through Loki's legs, but you're not sure how she got in. Frigga smiles at you both.

"Welcome friends, family, and loved ones - all who come in piece to witness the union of  Aka of Midgard and prince Loki of Asgard. We are here today to celebrate with them and to share in their triumph as they proclaim their love for one another and the bond their souls have formed together."

You smile

"Loki and Aka have chosen to commit to one another today for the rest of their lives, but they understand that the love they commit to is dynamic and fluid, and what we celebrate is the eternal connection between the souls of Loki  and Aka, no matter what physical form their love may take.
Having spent some time with Loki and Aka before agreeing to officiate their handbinding, I've seen the evidence of that connection between these two souls. It's in the way Aka smiles when she sees Loki come into the room, or when she lights up ever so slightly at the mention of his name. It's the gleam in Loki's eye when he talks about Aka, or the way he holds her close when they're together. There's no denying that these two souls are connected - and that is what we've gathered to celebrate - here in this moment - the love that Loki and Aka share between their spirits."

You and Loki exchange grins at the truthfulness of her words.

"The vows you make today signify that your souls are bound eternally, whether or not your bodies are. You make these vows today with the understanding that you are committing to be a partner to one another, and to honor the connection your souls now share with one another. These vows are sacred, and they should not easily be broken, as you make them to one another in the site of these loved ones as witnesses.
Knowing this, Loki and Aka is it your intent to enter into this commitment to one another?"

You both answer at the same time

"It is"
"It is"

"Then let us begin."

She takes a fancy cloth and ties it loosely around your connected hands.

"Loki and Aka, you will be making six vows in total to one another before me and these witnesses. For each, I will ask Aka for her commitment first, then I will ask Loki."