Chapter 188:

I'm walking around with Jackson as we try to find Dylan. Truthfully, I was a bit tired. I was up most of the night with Xander because he isn't feeling well so I was shutting my eyes every once in a while.

Jackson: you sure you're okay hon?
Delilah: mhmm.

We walk into a conference room and we find Dylan standing at the end of the table.

Delilah: there you are. We've been looking for you.

Dylan doesn't respond and when I look closer, I realize that Dylan was dead asleep while standing up.

Delilah: oh my god.

Jackson and I chuckle at our best friend as we approach him and I lean closer to him.

Delilah: Dyl!

That caused Dylan to wake up, causing Jackson and I to laugh.

Dylan: I'll get her.

Jackson and I laugh at our very tired brother.

Dylan: hey guys.
Delilah: hey.
Dylan: just, um, catching up.
Jackson: tough night with our precious goddaughter?
Dylan: she got up, like, six times. Or maybe seven.

I chuckle at the new dad as he yawns.

Dylan: does it count if she wakes just as we're putting her back down?
Jackson: "we"? What, you and April? You guys have to switch off, take turns.
Dylan: yeah, I know. We are, totally. I mean, kind of. It's just that she's recovering from surgery, so every time it's her turn, I still get up and see how she's doing, which makes her feel guilty, so then she tries to come and help when it's my turn, and I spend that entire time trying to convince her that she needs to get rested up for– for her turn.

Dylan lets out another yawn.

Delilah: which you then get up for too.
Dylan: it's not a perfect system. But, um, im ready for work, you know? I'm just– I'm cranking away right here.
Jackson: okay, well, tell you what. Lilah and I can take point on rounds with Warren by way of the coffee cart, and, um...

Suddenly, my pager goes off.

Delilah: on second thought, can't. Trauma on the helipad. You're on your own babe.

I run off to the ER, throw on a trauma gown then bolt into the elevator to meet Mer and Owen.

Delilah: hey! You look tired Owen.
Owen: well, I've been up a while with Amelia talking and talking.

Mer and I both chuckle at Owen.

Meredith: she's yours now. I'm not taking her back.
Delilah: welcome to the Shepherd family Owen. It truly is an experience.
Owen: I'm good. She's great. We're– we're great.
Meredith: you have the rest of this elevator ride...
M&D: go.

Owen sighs before he starts.

Owen: you know, she gets an idea in her head and she just won't let it go. She's relentless, like a– like a shark. She just won't put it down.
M&D: two more floors.
Owen: and she asks me a question and I answer it, and my answer just causes more questions. And suddenly, I-I-I've forgotten what we're talking about and I'm late for work. And I love her and it's exhausting.
M&D: do you feel better?
Owen: yeah, a little.
Delilah: the joys of being married to a Shepherd. I mean, God bless Jackson for putting up with my crazy ass for so long.

Mer and Owen chuckle at me before we walk out of the elevator to meet the paramedic and Ben.

Ben: glider plan crashed near Snoqualmie Falls. Two passengers both conscious at the scene.