Chapter 184:

Meredith decided to pick me up for work today so I'm currently sitting with her on the way to work.

Meredith: so, how's the whole bio mom situation going?
Delilah: she still tries to talk to me. It seems like everywhere I look, she's right there in front of me. I'm in the cafeteria, she's sitting in front of me. I'm walking around in the hallways, she's flagging me down trying to talk to me. I come out of surgery, she's waiting for me somewhere. I swear to God, Mer, this is my worst nightmare. And what's worse, is that Joey is also trying to make an effort to bond with me. The kid is super nice, but I can't deal with all of this. I'm sick of it. This whole thing is making me all...
Meredith: dark and twisty?
Delilah: yes. Yes, exactly! Dark and twisty. God, I want this to be over.

We make it to the hospital and I see Owen talking to some random guy with my dad's old trailer behind him. We walk out of the car and towards Owen.

M&D: hey.
Owen: hey.
Meredith: what's all this?
Owen: sold it. I'm done with it.
Delilah: with the trailer?
Owen: yep. Don't need it anymore.
Delilah: don't you need a place to sleep?
Meredith: are you moving into my house too, and no one told me?
Owen: better. I just bought my own house. Closing it this morning. Amelia's been giving me a hard time about getting a grown up house, so...
M&D: no more trailer.

I look at the trailer. I only lived in that trailer for a short time when I first moved to Seattle with my dad, but I loved every moment I spent in that trailer with my dad. It was the kickstart to a whole new life for us, and I will never forget all those memories.

Owen: should I have asked you? I should've asked you.
Meredith: no, no. You paid for it. It's yours to do what you want with it.
Owen: you sure?
Meredith: yes. Congratulations on the new house.
Delilah: congrats Owen.
Owen: thanks.

I smile at Owen as he walks off. I watch as the trailer drives away and my heart aches as it slowly gets further away.

Meredith: you okay?
Delilah: yeah. I just... I really loved that trailer.

I link arms with Mer then we walk in together. We part ways and I walk into the elevator and I smile when I see Jackson with Dylan and Webber.

Delilah: morning everyone!
Jackson: morning darling.

I give Jackson a kiss then hug Dylan as I stand in between Dylan and Jackson as Bailey and Warren walk into the elevator. I check my emails as I ride the elevator.

Webber: Catherine's back in town next week. Thought it'd be nice to have some people over. Well, nothing fancy– just dinner. Who's in?

I nod my head but don't look up from my phone. I show Jackson a funny picture on my phone and we chuckle.

Webber: "you know, that's a fine idea Dr. Webber.

Jackson and I chuckle as we look up from our phones.

Delilah: sorry Webber.
Jackson: yeah, sorry. Sounds great.
Delilah: Jackson and I are in.
Webber: mhmm. Okay. Avery's said yes. Hudson?
Hudson: yeah, absolutely.
Webber: good. How about you?
Bailey: yeah, I'll be there. I'm not sure about Dr. Warren's schedule though.

The tension between Bailey and Ben was thick, and it was awkward to be in the middle of.

Webber: okay. Um, Warren?
Ben: uh, yeah, I'm in.
Webber: alright.
Ben: uh, what can I bring?
Webber: um, I wouldn't say no to that artichoke dip you brought to the resident mixer.
Ben: well, that's, uh– that's Miranda's secret recipe.

Awkward.

Webber: okay. I see.
Bailey: I'll bring it.

The doors open and Ben and Bailey walk off in different directions.