Filler chapter:

3rd Person POV:

When George O'Malley died, Delilah Shepherd's whole world fell apart. Her best friend was gone. She'll never be able to see his amazing smile, hear his infectious laugh, hold his hand, kiss his cheek, hug him... tell him that she loves him. She just lost her best friend. The person who loved her at her best and her worst. Her other half, her person, her soulmate. Life made sense when Delilah and George had each other, but now...

Life will never be the same for the Shepherd girl.

The day after George died, Delilah's childhood best friend Scott "Scotty" Morris arrived in Seattle to comfort his best friend as she mourned the death of her best friend. Scotty hated seeing his best friend so broken hearted. Meeting George only a couple times when he visited Delilah in Seattle plus hearing her talk about him every day on the phone, he felt sad for the man who died.

Scotty stayed for George's funeral to support Delilah through it.

Delilah didn't want to face it. She had tried to deny the fact that George was dead, but now... it's real.

At the funeral, she stands with George O'Malley's mother Louise and his brothers Ronny and Jerry, while Scotty stands behind her keeping a hand on her back for moral support. The rest of the hospital stood on the other side while stealing glances at Delilah every so often.

It was known that Delilah loved George O'Malley and the Shepherd girl was respected and loved by everyone at Seattle Grace. It broke their hearts seeing the young girl in so much pain.

As the priest continues the service, Izzie breaks away from the group causing everyone to follow her. When they get to her, they see her go from crying to laughing. It was known that Izzie Stevens laughs at inappropriate times but it was still very concerning.

Izzie: George... George is dead. He's dead. They're about to put him in the ground and the priest is doing classic rock lyrics, and that girl, that redhead, is crying harder than his mother. And she never even met him. And his best friend was glaring at her and...

Izzie continues to laugh and all residents look at her for a moment before they start laughing with her.

After the funeral, Delilah and Scotty stay with Louise and the boys for the day before heading back to Delilah's apartment.

Delilah: when do you go back to New York?
Scotty: I'm not leaving you until you're okay.
Delilah: Scott... none of this is okay. I just... I just buried my best friend six feet under...
Scotty: I know.

Scotty pulls his best friend into a hug as she begins to sob.

Delilah: I can't b-be h-here S-Scotty. I-it hurts s-s-so much!

Scotty hugs his best friend tighter as she sobs.

Scotty: shhhh.
Delilah: S... I need to leave. I need to... I need to go to New York.

Scotty looks at his best friend in concern.

Scotty: Ellie... are you sure that's what you want?
Delilah: I have to. I can't be here... at least right now. I need to get away.

Scotty hesitantly looks at his best friend.

Scotty: I need you to be—
Delilah: Scotty... please. I need to leave... tonight.
Scotty: ... okay. I'll see if there's any flights available for tonight.

Delilah didn't hesitate to start packing her bags.

Scotty: we have a flight in a few hours.
Delilah: okay.

Scotty helps Delilah pack her stuff then he packs his own before helping Delilah clean up the apartment a bit. Before they leave for the airport, Delilah sticks a note on the door. They get a cab to the airport and before they board their flight, Delilah texts her father.

Text to: Coolest Dad Ever <3
Bye dad. I love u <3

Delilah shuts her phone off as she boards her flight to New York. Let the grieving process begin.