Chapter 26:

Today is my first day back to work since the bomb accident. I've been slowly but surely recovering. I spent a few days in the hospital then George, Meredith and Izzie insisted that I stay with them for a couple days so they can keep an eye on me so I gave in since I didn't feel like fighting them on it. Ever since the bomb, I've been getting non stop calls from my family asking if I was okay. Scotty has been calling me a billion times a day to make sure I'm okay. Meredith left the house early this morning to see her mom at the nursing home so George drove Izzie and I to work in my car. I fought with George for a couple minutes over who was going to drive before I caved and let him drive.

Delilah: I can handle driving for a few minutes to work Georgie. I'm not totally broken. I'm still a regular functioning human.
Izzie: a functioning human with a fractured wrist.
Delilah: it's healing Iz.
George: emphasis on the word healing. Until you're healed, you're not driving.
Delilah: I hate you both.
George: you love me. And I'm just looking after you.
Delilah: which I greatly appreciate but I'm telling you, I'm fine.
George: stop being a stubborn little baby and let me take care of you.

I pout at George then he chuckles at me and kisses my nose. Once we get to the hospital, George takes my stuff as we walk to the locker room. I see Alex walk into the locker room as I grab my things from George. He walks up to me and pulls me into a hug.

Alex: you feeling okay today? How's the wrist?
Delilah: pain's gone down a bit in last couple of days. Hoping I'll be better by tomorrow.
Alex: take it easy again today. I don't want you hurting yourself again.

Ever since the bomb, Alex has grown super protective of me. If George isn't by my side, he is, and he's always asking me how I'm feeling and if I need anything. It made me happy how much Alex really cares about me. I see Meredith walk into the locker room and walks to her locker. I change into my scrubs then adjust my wrist brace before walking over to Meredith and lay my head on her shoulder. George walks up to Meredith but Cristina comes into the locker room and pushes past George and walks to her locker. She starts ranting to Meredith and I about Burke as she dumps her stuff into her locker.

Cristina: you know, he's acting like I committed a crime. Like my apartment is full of stolen goods. He's acting like I kept my apartment to hide stolen goods so I can do illegal transactions for money.
Meredith: are you sure he's just not acting like you lied about moving in?

I notice the weird look on Meredith's face and Cristina notices it too as she makes a face at our blonde friend.

Cristina: okay, what's wrong with you?
Meredith: my mommy's a filthy whore.

I tilt my head in confusion as Cristina shrugs then get dressed.

Delilah: you gonna explain, or...
Meredith: nope.
Delilah: gotcha.
Meredith: you feeling okay?
Delilah: getting better. What about you? You fully functioning?
Meredith: I guess.

Once we were all ready, we meet up with Burke and we start rounds. We go into the room of Chuck Eaton.

Meredith: Chuck Eaton, 54 years old. Has stage 3B non small lung cancer with possible invasion of the pleura and a history of COPD.
Delilah: he's had extensive chemo-radiotherapy with minimal regression of the tumor. He's been admitted for radical and block resection.
Chuck: I was a smoker. The, ah, oncologist, he explained that I have a 25% chance of surviving the surgery.
Burke: well unfortunately, that's about right. If you should elect not to proceed, we can make you comfortable.
Chuck: with all due respect, ah... there's no way you can make a man dying a slow death comfortable. I'll roll the dice.

After we finish our round on Chuck, everyone decided to check on Bailey. We find Bailey in the hallway with her baby and I immediately pick him up in my arms and bounce him on my hip, holding him with my good arm.