Chapter 123:

Despite everything that's happening, I have a little bit of a skip in my step because... Jackson and I are getting married in a few short weeks!

Dylan: I still cannot believe you and Jackson are getting married in a few weeks.
Delilah: me either.
Dylan: how do you feel?
Delilah: on cloud nine.

As I finish my sentence, I see my fiancé standing in a crowd in the lobby. I run up to him and give him a kiss.

Delilah: hello Mr. Avery.
Jackson: hello Mrs. Avery.

I smile at Jackson as he wraps his arms around me. Owen shows up and starts the meeting.

Owen: as many of you know, Seattle Grace Mercy West has suffered a financial setback. The administration is working hard to keep the impact of that setback as small as possible. To that end, we're gonna have to initiate some cost cutting measures. The board has hired a physician advisor to help.
Meredith: what's a physician advisor?
Owen: well, she consults on maximizing efficiency, streamlining processes, assessing where we can thrum our budgets.
Bailey: who to fire and when to fire them?
Owen: she's here to advise and to help. I was hoping to introduce her in person, but she seems to be late.
Cristina: oh, on her first day? Not very efficient.

I chuckle at Cristina's comment, along with a lot of others.

Owen: you can expect to see her in the halls, in your labs, in the OR.
Dad: so we're gonna have an accountant following us around in the ORs?
Owen: she's not an accountant, she is a trained surgeon. Frankly, she is here to try to help us. Thank you for your cooperation.

I sigh as Owen walks off.

Delilah: hey. Can I see you for a minute? It's... urgent.

I send my fiancé a knowing look, causing him to smirk so we sneak off to an on-call room and start making out.

Jackson: I'm really liking the pregnancy hormones.
Delilah: me too.

We break the kiss for a second for me to remove Jackson's scrub top then we flop onto the bed together.

Jackson: I really like the pregnancy hormones.
Delilah: we both do.

Jackson and I chuckle as my pager goes off.

Delilah: ignore it.

I take off my scrub top then continue to make out with Jackson. As Jackson starts kissing my neck, there was a knock at the door causing me to let out a growl.

Delilah: I'm gonna murder someone.

I put my scrub top back on then storm towards the door. I swing the door open and I see Weston looking at me with fear in her eyes.

Delilah: what the hell do you want Weston?
Brooklyn: I-I-I was told by t-the other Dr. Shepherd t-to come f-find you.
Delilah: fix that damn stutter, would you? You sound extremely stupid.
Brooklyn: s-sorry Dr. Shepherd. Um, you and your father have a patient.
Delilah: ugh! Damn it, I forgot I'm operating on Jimmy. Fine, I'll be out in one minute. Get lost!

I slam the door in Weston's face then I start crying. Stupid hormones. One minute, I'm desperately craving sex and the next minute, I'm a sobbing hot mess.

Jackson: honey, why are you crying?
Delilah: I'm crying because I can't have sex with you, 'cause I have to tend to my dumb patient with my dumb dad and my dumb intern.
Jackson: your dad isn't dumb.
Delilah: right now he is.
Jackson: go be a surgeon love. You've been waiting for this moment. Are you sure you're ready to do a surgery this intense?
Delilah: if you keep doubting me, I'll slap you. I'm gonna leave before my stupid intern interrupts me and she ends up dead.