Chapter 88:

I'm at my dad and Mer's house for a party that my dad is currently throwing. I'm standing with April, Dylan, Jackson and Reed. I know not a lot of people don't like her but I've actually grown to tolerate her, even though she can be a bitch sometimes. Jackson has his arm wrapped around my waist and I'm leaning my head on his shoulder. I notice Reed looking ahead and I follow her gaze and I stifle a laugh when I realize that she's looking at Mark.

Reed: I'm going in.
April: no, you can't. It's inappropriate. Not only is that Delilah's godfather, but this is the Chief's house. Right Jackson? Dylan, Delilah?
Jackson: no. Go ahead girl. Get yours.
Dylan: get it girlfriend.
Delilah: have fun.

Dylan, Jackson and I smirk as Reed walks over to Mark. I listen to the conversation and I bury my face in Jackson's chest to muffle my laughter.

-the next day-

I'm on the phone with Scotty telling him about the party the other night.

Me- I'm not joking!! Mark went home with Adamson.
Scotty- I mean, are you really that surprised? It's Mark.
Me- I'm not surprised at all. It's just freakin' hilarious.
Scotty- very.
Me- listen, I have to go. I'm on Callie's service today and I'm already late.
Scotty- you could be as late as you want and Callie wouldn't yell at you.
Me- yes, she loves me but she can be real scary sometimes. Okay, bye.

I hang up on Scotty and I find Callie.

Delilah: hey, sorry I'm late.
Callie: no problem.

I give our patient a warm smile as she talks to her son on the phone.

Betty: yes Andrew, I said surgery. Now, wait wait. Would you explain to my son why he doesn't need to worry?

The lady brings the phone to Callie's ear.

Callie: hello? Hi. Um... your mom has some broken bones in her forearm, but, uh, we're gonna put some small metal plates in, and then she'll be discharged– okay, bye.

The lady brings her phone back and talks to her son.

Betty: see dear? So don't jump on a plane. No, I'm gonna call you right after surgery. Well, love you too darling. Bye bye.

The lady hangs up on her son.

Betty: oh, my son, the lawyer. He's single, very nice, a little bit older.
Lexie:: I-I'm dating someone... kind of. What about you Reed? You go for older guys, right?

I try my best to stifle my laugh as Reed storms away.

Betty: was it something I said?
Callie: oh no no, it's not you.

As we wheel Betty out of the ER, we hear the voice of another patient.

Henry: it's Henry. Henry Stamm.

Betty gets us to stop.

Betty: Henry? Henry Stamm? Oh my god. It's– that– that's Henry Stamm.
Henry: Betty Flynn.
Betty: oh, but last name is Donahue now.
Henry: you– you married Mike Donahue?
Betty: may he rest in peace. And you? Oh, how– how– how is Irene?
Henry: oh, she died... ten years ago this August.
Betty: I'm so sorry. Are– are you okay?

I smirk when I notice the smile on Betty's face when Henry tells her about his dead wife. There has to be a story there.

Henry: just a little fall. You?
Betty: fender bender.
Henry: you look good Betty.
Betty: I'm an old lady Henry.
Henry: well, you look pretty damn good for an old lady to me.
Cristina: you know, maybe we should keep this area clear for emergencies?