Chapter 37:

Ever since my dad found Addison with Mark, he's been spending a lot of time with me at my apartment, which meant Theo hasn't been staying at my apartment. Theo and I had a bit of an argument the other day about my dad being around so much but I quickly shut the argument down. I've also been working harder and longer at the hospital. Ever since Izzie's been gone, it's been a bit harder on Bailey so to be a good sport, I've been volunteering to be on call more along with more duties. Me working at the hospital more has also caused a fight or two between Theo and I. We've only been dating for close to a month and we're fighting about stupid things. I love him but I don't want to end our relationship because of a stupid little fight. Anyways, I park my car in front of the hospital and walk inside. As I get close to the hospital, I smile when I see Meredith, George and Callie. I was also shocked but happy to see Izzie with them.

Delilah: Izzie! Hi. You're here.
Izzie: yeah, I'm here. I'm gonna talk to the Chief.
Delilah: good for you.

We start walking towards the hospital entrance and I see Izzie stop walking.

M&D: Izzie?
Izzie: I'll see you guys in there.
Meredith: everything gonna be fine. Bailey is on your side, and the Chief... he is gonna put on his angry face but he's on your side too.
George: everybody wants you back in that building.
Delilah: we really do Iz.
Izzie: I know, I know. You guys go ahead, I'll be fine. I'm just gonna take a minute, practice my speech.
Meredith: okay.

I pay Izzie's shoulder before walking into the hospital.

Delilah: is she gonna be okay?
George: I hope so.

I lean into George as we walk to the locker room. Once I was changed into my scrubs, I walk with Meredith and Cristina. Cristina started ranting about Burke.

Cristina: I'm on my knees in a puddle of coffee and he's lying on the couch playing with himself, you know? And not in a good way.
Delilah: Cris, he's recovering from surgery. And you've read the studies on recovery and depression in surgical patients. I know I have.
Meredith: Del is right.
Delilah: when am I not?

Meredith chuckles at me as I flick my hair in a sassy manner.

Cristina: yeah well, he's not a patient. He's Preston Burke. He's just milking it. Now, he's got me fetching his food and the paper and his slipper like I'm a dog.

As we reach the elevator, my dad steps out of it and I see him holding two cups of coffee.

Dad: hey!
Meredith: hi! I had a dream about you last night.

Cristina and I exchange a look.

Dad: you did? What was I doing, bringing you coffee?
Meredith: you were definitely not bringing me coffee. But coffee's good.

Cristina and I look at each other again with a knowing look.

Dad: I'm told dating starts with a casual invitation over a cup of coffee.
Meredith: does it?
Dad: so Meredith, would you like to go out to dinner with me tonight? How was that, was that casual enough? That was good, right?
Meredith: so we're dating.
Dad: we're dating. Pick you up at eight.
Delilah: hey dad, remember me? Your totally awesome daughter you have yet to acknowledge?

My dad playfully glares at me then kisses my head before walking off.

Delilah: you owe me coffee!

Cristina chuckles at me as I see the elevator open again, this time with Finn stepping out holding a brown paper bag.

Meredith: hey!
Finn: I was in the neighborhood. Actually, I wasn't but I decided you were worth the detour.

My heart melted at Finn's sentiment.